PDA

View Full Version : BEABA babycook

julevizamom
05-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the babycook? I plan on making my DD's food when she's ready (5 months today), and having something that does the steaming and mashing in one sounds great. Is it too good to be true, or worth the investment?

TwinFoxes
05-06-2009, 10:54 AM
I've seen it, and it looks pretty cool. I didn't get one for a couple of reasons. 1) it is super easy to just steam stuff and smush it a little and 2) I don't think babies need super pureed food and the Beaba seems to puree them more than I want (although I guess you can adjust it somewhat.)

I'm a big spender, but it seems kind of expensive for something you'll only use for a few months. As for whether it works, I've heard good things about it, and the fact that Williams-Sonoma sells them makes me believe they're high quality.

kusumat
05-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the babycook? I plan on making my DD's food when she's ready (5 months today), and having something that does the steaming and mashing in one sounds great. Is it too good to be true, or worth the investment?

You may need to do more reserch to see whether this item has BPA issue. Personally, I wouldn't use any plastic in cooking because of the possibility in leaching harmful chemical. I don't even use plastic for food container anymore. I replaced them with glass or stainless steel one.

julevizamom
05-06-2009, 11:47 AM
The description says it's made of polysulfone, and is BPA-free.

I am thinking, though, that it's probably just as easy to buy a much cheaper steamer and do the mashing myself. I also like to make big batches and the babycook can only handle a small amount at a time.

MissM'sMom
05-06-2009, 12:38 PM
I have one, and I love it. It's really easy to use, and while it does only have one puree setting, you can pulse it to get chunkier food.

It is expensive, but my dad got us one for Christmas. Not sure I would have gotten it myself, with other options available.

MissM'sMom
05-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Oh, and Zrecommends (I think) did some research into the BPA issue, and determined that it is BPA-free.

WatchingThemGrow
05-06-2009, 02:13 PM
I got one secondhand from a European family who'd had one for an older child. They missed it so much while they were living in the US, they bought another.

I really did like that it was all contained in one unit, no extra pans to steam food in, puree in another, etc. I liked being able to fix DS what we were eating that night, not something I'd made two weeks ago and frozen. He seemed to deal with table food a lot faster than DD, who I did the other stuff with - make ahead large batches/buy babyfood.

My thought is that if you're at the beginning of having children, people are giving you gifts or a lot of your "stuff" is already provided, it's a worthwhile investment. I'm excited about pulling it out for DS2 this fall.

From everything I've read (and I DID research it), it appears the plastics used in it are BPA free. I really like the Beaba :)

bobeNC
05-09-2009, 10:55 AM
I'm a first time mom and wanted to make my own baby food without having to use and wash all kinds of utensils and the babycook helps me do just that. It's super easy to use and clean up is quick. I love it and it is BPA free.