PDA

View Full Version : Medela Pump in Style Metro Bag vs. Shoulder Bag

PCARN
05-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Hi- For those of you that have either pump, do you have a recommendation? I'm trying to decide if the Metro Bag is worth the extra money. It seems that the actual pump device seperates from the metro bag while it doesn't from the shoulder bag? Is this the major difference? And if so, it is easier to pump when it's seperate from the bag?

Also, any thoughts on the newest pump? Hands free.

Thanks in advance.

wendibird22
05-06-2009, 10:40 AM
I can't comment on the metro bag or the should bag, but I have the backpack and love it. It's compact enough that I never felt the need to take the motor out when pumping...just put the bag right on my desk at work, or bed at a hotel, or where ever I had to pump. I also found because I carry a computer bag to/from work that it was easier to have the backpack on both shoulders and my computer bag on one than trying to balance two messenger style bags and keep them on my shoulders and not look like a pack mule! I also think the backpack looks less like a breast pump bag, but that's me.

BuffMel
05-06-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm planning to get the shoulder bag. I think the Metro bag is just too expensive and I just want something that will do the job. I don't care about taking the pump out as long as it pumps the milk out.

PCARN
05-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Thanks ladies for your replies. That's exactly what I was wondering, if it's difficult to use while attached to the bag. From what you wrote it doesn't seem to be. True that it doesn't make sense to spend more for the same product if does what it's suppose to do.

Thanks again.

MontrealMum
05-06-2009, 03:23 PM
I have this one: PISA (http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/breast-pumps/352/pump-in-style-advanced-breastpump-shoulder-bag-2008) which is a shoulder bag style from 2007. I only used a few times inside the bag and it was fine, otherwise it was always sitting on my table next to my pumping chair out of the bag. Everything certainly fit nicely inside there for travelling though and the cooler w/an ice pack shaped to fit the bottles was super cool. HTH.