PDA

View Full Version : Miele owners

doberbrat
05-06-2009, 10:45 AM
any regrets? our old vac died and we're limping along w/only the roomba. Which is AWSOME, but I have 2 dogs and need to be able to do furniture etc.

went to the vac store and they recommended an Ariel - I have all HW floors and to add on the hepa filter and hand turbo brush.

dh is balking a bit at the price.

anything else I should consider?

writermama
05-06-2009, 12:54 PM
have a miele. no regrets except that I didn't buy it sooner.

sste
05-06-2009, 12:57 PM
We love our Miele - - its going strong after seven years of CORGI shedding! It is really expensive though.

bubbaray
05-06-2009, 12:58 PM
We'll probably get a Miele when our piece-of-junk Kenmore canister dies (was CR's #1 recommendation in 2004, one of the reasons we're not renewing our subscription).

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
05-06-2009, 01:04 PM
No regrets at all! LOVE!

neeleymartin
05-06-2009, 01:08 PM
the best vacuum i have ever used. ours is older, still works great. we got mil a new one last year for mother's day, i am so jealous of her. it is smaller, lighter, and so quiet.

someday i will upgrade.

TonFirst
05-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Love my Miele Blue Star. It handles our Toller's hair beautifully. My neighbor has the same Miele and it takes care of her three labs like a dream. Go Team Miele!

LBW
05-06-2009, 02:50 PM
I have one and love it. I don't love the turbo brush it came with, though. Mine is ~10 years old, so hopefully they've improved them by now.

WatchingThemGrow
05-06-2009, 03:12 PM
I got the yellow one to use on my hardwoods with some area rugs. Yup, true love. I just wish I didn't have to bend over to pull the plug out when I first turn it on. Bending sucks for me right now. Even DH is loves the Miele. it fits so nicely in our teensy linen close - backwards so the bottom part is against the door.

pastrygirl
05-06-2009, 04:05 PM
I love mine! I have the red Antares model. I love how light and tiny it is and how it spins so easily around the rooms, the mounting holes on the side for you to put the wand so it doesn't fall over, and the suction! Because it's so light, I don't mind taking it upstairs to vacuum up there. With my last vacuum, we just had two -- one for up, one for down. Both were very heavy and cumbersome.

ETA: I sold my barely-used Dyson to buy the Miele. I hated my Dyson!