PDA

View Full Version : trying to find a spillproof straw cup.

chozen
05-06-2009, 11:57 AM
:)i have tried a lot of brands and they all seem to leak , they bubble over, not sure why if im doing something wrong or what. our daughter loves them, i wish i could find one that didnt make a mess. any suggestions.thank u

neeleymartin
05-06-2009, 02:06 PM
by "bubble over" do you mean liquid comes out the straw? it's b/c the liquid or air expands as the drink warms. that's our theory. room temp drinks don't do it. that's how we came to the idea. drives us nuts too. happens with all straw cups. the "insulated" ones are better but still do it.

we use take and toss, they bubble like crazy but ds is only allowed drinks in kitchen, outside or at table. or munchkin for travel/car. hth

juggler00
05-06-2009, 02:13 PM
We use Munchkin. They have 5 parts and they do leak a bit but the biggest problem is that once the milk is in the top part of the straw/past the valve it leaks when tipped over and flies everywehre if closed and opened. All in all though we are pretty happy because my son can't get enough. Beware of airplanes though! It starts shooting everywhere.

hez
05-06-2009, 02:40 PM
This is DD's (and my) new favorite straw sippy cup: http://www.playtexstore.com/cgi-bin/item/PLA05670

Since she's only 12 months, I supervise her use of it in most cases, but occasionally I let her play with it in her high chair. First straw cup we've ever had that didn't leak when thrown.

chozen
05-06-2009, 07:51 PM
i think it is when the temp. changes because that is when i have noticed it.
i really wish they didnt do that because dd loves the straw. we do give her take & toss when she eats, it just would be nice to let her have one in car etc. she wont drink from a sippy cup. thanks

KrisM
05-06-2009, 08:06 PM
This is DD's (and my) new favorite straw sippy cup: http://www.playtexstore.com/cgi-bin/item/PLA05670

Since she's only 12 months, I supervise her use of it in most cases, but occasionally I let her play with it in her high chair. First straw cup we've ever had that didn't leak when thrown.

Oh, good to know! I almost bought those, but I wasn't sure.

The cups I had from DS1 aren't made these days and they are all missing parts. I'll have to try these for DS2.

Thanks!