PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know if WhiteOut comes off furniture?

Wife_and_mommy
05-06-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm still fuming but need to know if my furniture is permanently ruined. I won't be able to check this thread for a few hours so I'm praying that I'll get a positive answer for my sanity's sake.

:angry-smiley-005::banghead::angry-smiley-005::banghead::hopmad::32:

ETA: FYI, it's dark wooden(ETAA: *expensive*) furniture.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
05-06-2009, 01:22 PM
I have heard WD-40 works. Also goo gone. I have never tried either but some people swear by it. I would test a very small spot to make sure it doesn't ruin the wood. Good luck!

Snow mom
05-06-2009, 01:35 PM
You might want to try peeling it off with your fingernails before putting any chemical on it. I've had pretty good luck removing paint splatter from smooth wood with a little patience. GL!

bubbaray
05-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I'd try to pick/scrape it off with my nails.

Oooooh, someone (including the adult who left the WhiteOut accessible) would be in BIIIIIG trouble for that in my house!

MontrealMum
05-06-2009, 02:04 PM
I have used nail polish remover (the nasty stuff, not the eco-friendly kind) - but it can also do a number on the paint/stain beneath or surrounding the spill, so I'd be really careful with using that. I think I might go at it with my nails first, or gently with steel wool or a scouring pad first depending on the size of the spill - again, being careful of the wood. I guess it really depends on how soft the wood is.

JTsMom
05-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Definitely try peeling it! I remember peeling it off stuff in high school. If that doesn't work, I'd call/email the company- they may have some tips to offer.

JBaxter
05-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Peel it off then try olive oil and rub

kijip
05-06-2009, 04:17 PM
I think it would come out with peeling and scrubbing.

I hate white out.

Wife_and_mommy
05-07-2009, 01:05 AM
Oooooh, someone (including the adult who left the WhiteOut accessible) would be in BIIIIIG trouble for that in my house!

LOL. The adult was both of us. DD isnt supposed to dig where it was. She didn't spill it intentionally(for once)but it happened while we were cleaning up a quart of water that was intentionally spilled all over the table/floor.

She left it opened then later reached for it, spilling it all over said furniture. It fell on the tile floor but I could care less about the ruined grout.

I tried to wipe some then thought better of it. I am able to scrape some off with a nail so I'll continue working on it. I'll try some of the remedies suggested on the smeared portions.

Thanks for the ideas.

JTsMom
05-07-2009, 08:59 AM
If you're having success with your nail, try a credit card. That usually works even better.