PDA

View Full Version : Backyard Organization

Naranjadia
05-06-2009, 03:55 PM
We've got little shovels, balls, and other toys strewn across our backyard. I want to get the kids used to picking up the backyard. We do have a garage, but we keep the kids out of it unless supervised. What do people do to store backyard stuff - not the big items but the little stuff?

o_mom
05-06-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm getting one of these:

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=424091&pid=_Froogle&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=676393

They are around $100 at the local lumber store. I figure I can put some net bags, buckets, etc inside to catch the little stuff and all the balls.

WatchingThemGrow
05-06-2009, 04:03 PM
we toss a lot of the little things under the climbing wall of the swingset, so we don't have to look at them. The cars, tractors, picnic table, pool, are all hidden under a lovely brown tarp. We have no garage, just a small attached shed filled with bikes and rideons.

I like "hiding" the little things out in the open, but out of sight b/c the kids can get them out themselves without my having to open up something.

twindad
05-06-2009, 04:05 PM
We keep all of the balls contained in a large, round mesh laundry basket. (IKEA, Target, etc)

We keep all of the sand toys (shovels, buckets, etc.) in a large plastic tub that is intended for ice & drinks. You can find them at Bed, Bath & Beyond this time of year. We drilled holes in the bottom to allow for drainage when it rains.

We keep all of our water table toys in a small, round plastic laundry basket. It has handles and we also drilled holes in the bottom to allow for drainage.

All of these fit into our deck box when we need them to, but most of the time they are left out, as they get played with daily.

KrisM
05-06-2009, 04:09 PM
We have a deck box. I need to get some smaller containers to put in it for the smaller stuff.

Naranjadia
05-06-2009, 04:27 PM
We drilled holes in the bottom to allow for drainage when it rains.

Ah! So smart. I was worried about that.