PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Everyday Minerals sample kit and am overwhelmed...

kayte
05-06-2009, 09:46 PM
There are so many colors for base-- and then I finally picked one and have no idea what finish... How do you decide all this stuff?

I am not a big makeup girl to start with.... Help me!

JTsMom
05-06-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm really fair, so it's usually easy for me- I just pick the lightest stuff. LOL There is a sampler pack- that's a good way to test it out and see what works for you.

SnuggleBuggles
05-06-2009, 10:23 PM
I just picked a to of the smallest sized things (I think I did one of the pick 6 samples sampler). Pretty much all of the foundations I ordered work for me. I am sure some are better than others but none are glaringly awful. I went with matte because I make enough shine on my own. :)

Beth

veronica
05-07-2009, 06:16 AM
It's hard , especially if you don't know your undertones. I am not olive skinned nor super fair, nor have any pink undertones. I ordered a "medium" kit from bare minerals and started using it and hoped it was ok. A few months later, I went to and Ulta store and there were giving free samples of it but the caveat was that you sat through a 5 minute makeup session. When the associate matched my color, she confirmed I was medium on their makeup and I was happy to make the correct decision.

Of course, they did not offer that shade as part of the free sample.........but she did give me something else instead..

Can you go somewhere locally to try any of it out>

Globetrotter
05-07-2009, 11:53 AM
:yeahthat:

I used Bare Minerals first so I knew my color match there (you can do that locally, even if you don't actually buy them). I asked EM which ones are about the same for me and narrowed it down that way.