PDA

View Full Version : Mother's day cards and grandparents

infomama
05-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Do you give your mom/MIL a card/gift on mother's day from your DC? I have in the past but didn't last year and I feel a little icky about it.

jgenie
05-06-2009, 09:59 PM
I sent flowers from DS last year. This year I signed the card from all three of us. I didn't buy cards - I just added the cost of a card to what I was planning on spending and got a larger arrangement.

newg
05-06-2009, 10:07 PM
my mom and mil love to plant flowers, so we get each of them a lowes gift card and it's from all of us.....I also did a little pad of paper with dd's picture on it....from snapfish..

WatchingThemGrow
05-06-2009, 10:56 PM
I found a great card at Hallmark (it took an hour!!!) that said to a great mother and Grandmother and was really great. I think it was mostly green or teal and it was very practical yet touching. I bought 3 of the same ones, let them ripen for 2 weeks in the kitchen then rushed to the PO this afternoon hoping they'll get there in time. I signed them from all of us. No gifts right now. I'm giving them another grandbaby soon, so that's gift enough, right?

fivi2
05-07-2009, 12:35 AM
I do not sign them from dc. She isn't their mother. I don't know what dh does for mil - he is in charge of her gift.

(to be honest, I am not a huge fan of mother's day and consider it a hallmark holiday and only send anything because I feel it is expected. I am a mother's day grinch. :) ).

maestramommy
05-07-2009, 06:56 AM
I think I might have the first year or two for Dora. I don't anymore. Dh and I make our own cards addressed from all of us, but we include pics of the girls in them.

Gena
05-07-2009, 07:30 AM
We always get the grandmothers a card and some type of small photo gift from DS for mother's day. I can't imagine not doing this.

caleymama
05-07-2009, 08:58 AM
We send/give cards to the great grandmas and grandmas. I also send one to a special Aunt (an Aunt-specific Mother's Day card).

DrSally
05-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Usually I do for Gmas and Aunts.

JTsMom
05-07-2009, 09:01 AM
DS sends his own card to Grandma, but unless I bought 2 smaller things, I put everyone's name on the gift.