PDA

View Full Version : How do I keep the danged earphones in my ear?

mommy111
05-07-2009, 12:50 AM
Sigh. I guess I'm dating myself here. I've never used earphones before. I just started the C25K and can't for the life of me keep the earphones in my ear. The buds are large and they keep falling out when I run. They are the ones that are kinda round at the end with a spongy cover over them (ends kinda look like this: http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-HV152-Portable-Headphones-Powerful/dp/B00006J07O/ref=pd_cp_e_2_img?pf_rd_p=413863501&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001CZHCXU&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=13XVV45ZXEHHAX24QMSX) I tried jamming them in, tilting them, lots of different things. No success. Can anyone give me a headphones for dummies tutorial here?

specialp
05-07-2009, 12:56 AM
I had the same problem and bought "skullcandy" earbuds at target. It comes with 3 different size buds to put on. Not sure they'll work with what you have, but they helped me. (I apparently need the medium size).

mommy111
05-07-2009, 01:04 AM
I had the same problem and bought "skullcandy" earbuds at target. It comes with 3 different size buds to put on. Not sure they'll work with what you have, but they helped me. (I apparently need the medium size).

Ugh, I'm overseas and no target here. Maybe Ill look around and see if I can find some kind of adapter locally...I doubt it, though, I've had horrible luck with finding stuff like this here, just the huuuuuge selection that we have in the US.
I didn't even know earbuds came in different sizes, thank you for pointing that out!

tylersmama
05-07-2009, 02:17 AM
I had the same problem when I started running...couldn't keep the stupid earbuds in my ears. SO annoying. I ended up buying a pair that has a clip-like thing that goes over your ears, like this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9258983&type=product&id=1218072892586

They work perfectly! Hopefully you can find something similar near you...

BarbieSmith
05-07-2009, 06:04 AM
Just want to say good luck with C25k - it is a lot of fun! :}
Barbie

mommy111
05-07-2009, 07:43 AM
So it sounds like the consensus is I need new headphones. Now to find a place here that sells them.....that will be a whole 'nother adventure :) At least I know I'm not just dumb and need instructions on how to insert earphones.
Barbie, I just started the C25K today and the first day was FUN! I had held off on starting since I was terrified of how hard it would be but the first day was not. My knees are sore, though!!!

egoldber
05-07-2009, 08:12 AM
I just use the basic iPod earbuds when I run and I have absolutely no trouble with them.

ohiomom1121
05-07-2009, 08:30 AM
Do you have access to an audiologist? They can take molds of your ears that you can insert your earphones into (without the spongy covers). They are so much more comfortable because they are custom fit. When I worked I made lots of them for people who had the same problem. Good luck!

mommy111
05-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Beth, I lost my ipod earbuds before I ever used them so I got these as replacements. Ohiomom, I didn't even think of an audiologist, we have one in the hospital where I work so she may have some earphones or be able to suggest some to me. What a neat idea! BTW, that sepia photo of yuor kiddos in the avatar is incredibly cute!

ohiomom1121
05-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Beth, I lost my ipod earbuds before I ever used them so I got these as replacements. Ohiomom, I didn't even think of an audiologist, we have one in the hospital where I work so she may have some earphones or be able to suggest some to me. What a neat idea! BTW, that sepia photo of yuor kiddos in the avatar is incredibly cute!

Thanks!!!! :)

CiderLogan
05-07-2009, 01:16 PM
No earbuds I've tried will stay in my ears, so I use old-school headphones. In fact, I need new ones and am dreading the hunt for good ones to stay on during running.

ohiomom1121
05-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Here's a link showing what the custom ones look like. These can also be made for hands free phone devices.
http://www.spokane7.com/tech/stories/?ID=2481