PDA

View Full Version : What do I do with this soap?

newg
05-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Okay, this may seem like a pretty lame question......but now that I have bought some of the Dr. Bronner's Magic soap (peppermint pure castile soap)....what do I do with it??? (besides get rid of my ants...:tongue5:)
Is this a dish soap, hand soap, body soap..??? All of the above???

TIA!!

jse107
05-07-2009, 11:23 AM
I'd like to know too! It seems it can be used for anything, but I'm not sure how!

Piglet
05-07-2009, 12:34 PM
I use it in a foaming pump bottle as our kitchen soap. I have used it in the laundry when I had unscented detergent and wanted to add a bit of a scent (it weirds me out to take clean clothes out of the dryer and notsmell the "clean"). I have used it as a dish soap and as a bubble bath on occasion, but really it is my favourite wen used in the foaming pump bottle.

JTsMom
05-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Yep, all of the above. My favorite uses are as a hand soap in a foaming pump (watered down), as a dish soap for really greasy, stuck on pans, as a body wash for me and for DS, but not as shampoo (makes our hair too oily if used regularly, but once in a while is good), and for cleaning. It works great as a bathroom cleaner, especially when combined with baking soda- best soap scum remover around!

WatchingThemGrow
05-07-2009, 01:19 PM
I love to use it as a bodywash!

brittone2
05-07-2009, 01:42 PM
With peppermint I'm not sure if it would irritate eyes/skin (it might for sensitive individuals) but we use the Doc Bronner's baby soap or TJs castille soap (that one is peppermint). We use it for:
Cleaning (yep, works great on soap scum, etc. as PP said eta: especially w/ the baking soda, again echoing PPs). Great for cleaning the sinks, tub, etc.

Diluted in foaming soap dispensers for hands

We use the baby stuff in the shower sometimes (adults and kids)

Wiping down the grease on the stove, etc.

We use it as dishsoap when camping (environmentally friendly). Can use it for washing hands, showers, etc. while we camp too.