PDA

View Full Version : Spin off -- where did you get your foaming soap dispenser

bubbaray
05-07-2009, 01:44 PM
OK, I've asked before, but STILL can't find a foaming soap dispenser.

Where did you find yours???

TIA

brittone2
05-07-2009, 01:46 PM
I bought mine through a co-op.

I've heard Pampered Chef sells them, but they will be more expensive.

Some mainstream soap brands have foaming dispensers, so some people just use what is in there and then add their own soap (diluted).

I just saw some in a catalog recently...I think it might have been One Step Ahead? I was surprised to see them there, and I know a lot of people have trouble finding them, so I made a mental note when I saw them. I'll see if I can find a link.

eta:
http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=535225&cmSource=Search&PIPELINE_SESSION_ID=1c2fe4af7f0000011cf1e4ebaf9357 1f

Not sure if it is worth it to pay shipping, etc. but if you are stumped that's at least one place that has them. Hopefully other posters will have some other ideas for places to buy.

eta: I've ordered from this site before (not the soap, but other products):
http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/organic_natural_soaps.htm

Kiss My Face sells self-foaming soap (I'm assuming like other brands you can refill it with whatever you want when you finish their product)
http://www.everesthealth.com/-p-4055.html

stillplayswithbarbies
05-07-2009, 01:54 PM
I got it at the grocery store and then just kept it and keep refilling it. I use about half water and half soap. (refill from Costco, a lifetime supply!)

calv
05-07-2009, 02:02 PM
i saw some at job lot. not sure of the quality.

BTW, how do these work? can you put any soap in it like 1/2 softsoap and 1/2 water?

MommyAllison
05-07-2009, 02:04 PM
We have some from a co-op, and some are the Method foaming dispensers from Target that we're refilling.

And to the pp, yes, you can use any soap, and I usually do more like 1/3 soap, 2/3 water. You just have to play with the ratios to get what you want.

hillview
05-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Some mainstream soap brands have foaming dispensers, so some people just use what is in there and then add their own soap (diluted).

I got a Clean Well one and now reuse it with method soap (bulk) and add about 1/2 water.
/hillary

egoldber
05-07-2009, 02:10 PM
I am re-using some of the soft soap dispensers. I have also re-used the Kandoo ones.

bubbaray
05-07-2009, 02:12 PM
OK, duh. I didn't realize people were using ones that previously had soap in them. Duh. I have 2 Kandoo ones I can use. I like those OSA ones though.

cmo
05-07-2009, 02:23 PM
I recently found a plain black one made by Kitchen Aid in the kitchen utensil section at Kohl's. I've been looking for one for months! If it came in white, I'd buy even more of them. It has a sticker that advises a mix of 10% liquid soap and 90% water, but it came out rather thin, so I added more soap. I tried to find a link to show what it looks like, but couldn't find one.

smiles33
05-07-2009, 02:28 PM
I got 2 kinds from my local grocery store: Spongebob (it was on clearance!) and a clear Dial one w/pink foaming soap. The Spongebobs are NOT refillable but the Dial one is. I buy their solution so I don't have to worry about mixing.

calv
05-07-2009, 02:33 PM
I got 2 kinds from my local grocery store: Spongebob (it was on clearance!) and a clear Dial one w/pink foaming soap. The Spongebobs are NOT refillable but the Dial one is. I buy their solution so I don't have to worry about mixing.

can i ask where you buy the solution? brand as well ;) Many thanks!

sste
05-07-2009, 02:35 PM
"Cal-Ben" - - only available on their website. I buy the soap concentrate and got 2 of the foaming soap dispensers.

smiles33
05-07-2009, 02:36 PM
I just bought the Dial foaming soap refill bottle (a big one--32 oz?) that was right next to the Dial foaming soap dispenser. The dispenser has a wider nozzle (to help w/foaming?) as I noticed my mom put the refill into a regular Softsoap dispenser and it shoots out as water instead of foam.

Our grocery store is a Lucky's (CA only I think) and I loaded up on 4 big bottles last winter when our ped said foaming soap was better than the liquid gel stuff.

MelissaTC
05-07-2009, 03:30 PM
I recently saw one at Home Depot.

jenny
05-07-2009, 06:07 PM
I always buy mine, never thought to make it, but now I will!

but curious, is foam better than regular bar soap or regular soap in a dispenser??

hellokitty1
05-07-2009, 06:58 PM
this post has gotten me to thinking about foam. i like foam, esp for kids, bc it washes off easier so i googled "foaming soap dispenser" and one of the hits was this:

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Refill-a-foaming-hand-soap-container/

neeleymartin
05-07-2009, 08:04 PM

this is what we do. just make sure the soap doesn't have moisturizers in it. that kind seperates and doesn't make a nice foam. plain dial liquid has worked best for us. we have also used california baby bubble bath in it.

KNL
05-07-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm mostly a lurker (no kids yet) but I thought I would jump in here. I am currently reusing a Method foaming soap dispenser, but I have been looking for something that looks nicer. I came across this one that is a bit expensive (when compared to reusing) but I might splurge on it when my current dispenser starts to get grimy.

http://www.solutions.com/jump.jsp?itemID=11013&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C5%2C39%2C198&iProductID=11013

-Kerry

DebbieJ
05-09-2009, 01:43 PM
I use the Pampered Chef Suds Pump. I have one at every sink.

EllasMum
05-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Has anybody used Dr. Bronner's liquid in a foaming pump? Just wondering what the ratio of soap to water would be...

TIA!

Lovingliv
05-10-2009, 02:55 AM
I've used Dr. Bronners.....for a 16 oz bottle, I do 2/3 water to 1/3 soap

bcafe
05-10-2009, 12:14 PM
I use Dr. Bronners as well. I use 1/3 soap, 2/3 h2o.

kransden
05-10-2009, 04:25 PM
I really like the Bath and Body Works kid foam soap dispensers. I think the design is by far the most kid friendly. Some dispensers have a notch and can get stuck, these don't. I just reuse them with refills from whatever Target has on sale. I also find their brand of soap lasts a long time.

DrSally
05-10-2009, 05:08 PM
I really like the Bath and Body Works kid foam soap dispensers. I think the design is by far the most kid friendly. Some dispensers have a notch and can get stuck, these don't. I just reuse them with refills from whatever Target has on sale. I also find their brand of soap lasts a long time.

I should check those out. Right now we're using some J&J "buddies" foam soap dispensers we got free with DS's potty I think. I refilled them with Dr. Bronners or plain softsoap and water. I would like to get something a bit bigger to put the California Baby I just bought into it, b/c it's so concentrated and DH uses SO much bathsoap on the kids, I'm afraid it would be gone in a week!

We do have some dial soap foamers I refill for the adults, but they have the notch that makes it almost impossible for DS to pump easily (or DH sometimes for that matter).

I think people like foam soap better b/c it uses less soap--DS squirts so much regular soap on his hands, it's hard to rinse it all off. And, they can distribute it over their hands more easily. I'm surprised a ped would have an opinion on this. Also, you have to put the foam soap refill in a soap foamer, otherwise it's just really watered down soap. I'm really glad I learned from a prev thread that you don't have to buy special refill soap.

daisymommy
05-11-2009, 12:09 PM
I know this is an old post, but I figured I'd add something to it anyway, as many people are looking for white/plain pump bottles. Here's where I bought my large size pump bottles. I like that you can use them one handed and they don't tip over.
http://www.elysiandream.com/supermild_liquid_soap.htm

ett
05-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Has anybody used Dr. Bronner's liquid in a foaming pump? Just wondering what the ratio of soap to water would be...

TIA!

I usually do 4 part water, 1 part soap with the Dr. Bronner's.

KBecks
05-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Get one at the grocery store that already has soap in it, then refill.

egoldber
05-12-2009, 10:15 AM
I use the TJ castile soap and also mix it about 4 parts water to 1 part soap. I also have some of the Dr. Bronner baby (unscented) as well.

kcimato
05-12-2009, 04:28 PM
this post has gotten me to thinking about foam. i like foam, esp for kids, bc it washes off easier so i googled "foaming soap dispenser" and one of the hits was this:

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Refill-a-foaming-hand-soap-container/

Thanks for that link. I spent a better part of the day on there! Love it.

bubbaray
05-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Thanks! I got a couple of Method ones. Now I just have to use them up!