PDA

View Full Version : Help with Wording

Raidra
05-07-2009, 05:39 PM
For Mother's Day, I'm having Colwyn make little books for my mom and my grandmother. They'll have several pages that read like, "My eyes are brown, your eyes are blue; I watch Clone Wars, you watch Survivor; I eat grilled cheese, you eat seafood" and so on. He'll illustrate my grandmother's himself, but for my mom's, they'll probably illustrate the pages together. I'm writing out all the captions, and on the last page, I want to have a picture of Colwyn with my mom/grandmother, and then a little caption that says something about how even though they're different, they're best buddies/love each other/etc. I just don't know what would be a cutesy thing to write! Can anyone give me some ideas?

Thanks!

elliput
05-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Total cheese here

I am me and you are you, but our love for each other will always be true.

MamaMolly
05-07-2009, 06:43 PM
I love Erica's. Cheese is always good for making Grannies get teary! :)

I want to take a stab at a rhyme. What does DS call your mom/grandma? ( I hope not Granny cause my first thought is...well...bet you can guess! ;) )

Raidra
05-07-2009, 11:58 PM
Aww, that was so sweet. Cheese is always good for these things. :)

My mom is called Amma (Icelandic for Grandmother), and my grandmother is Grammy.

MamaMolly
05-08-2009, 12:12 AM
What about something really simple like Colwyn loves Amma and Amma loves Colwyn. It keeps the pattern you've already set.

Amma is HARD to rhyme with! How about a bit of free verse?

With different eyes and different tastes
Colwyn and Amma are different in many ways.
But the love they share is the same, and will last for days and days.
One love, one family
Colwyn and his Amma.