PDA

View Full Version : Re: BECO

cindys
05-07-2009, 07:45 PM
I am looking to buy a BECO and am wondering when people use their carrier the most? And when you do you also have to carry a diaper bag?

I am interested in getting one because we are season holders for baseball games and when we take the stroller there is no where to put it so I end up standing up top with the baby and my DH and 3yr old sit in the seats.

jenny
05-08-2009, 10:09 AM
We use the carrier all the time instead of the stroller now. We used it when we went to the zoo, DH uses it when he takes DD to run errands. I put DD on my back when I'm home alone and trying to wash dishes or cook food.

I didn't think I could use it much before I bought it b/c I had the bjorn and never wore DD b/c it was just too painful on my shoulders to wear her for very long, but now that we found a comfy carrier, it's a God-send...especially b/c DD hates being in the stroller when we go out. She's a big baby at 22 pounds and 30 inches, but it's so much easier to put her in the beco than carry her in our arms.

You can also sit in a seat with the baby in the front position in the beco b/c they are in a seated position in the carrier.

SnuggleBuggles
05-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Any where a stroller is not convenient to have- ball games, playground, fairs, places with lots of stairs and few elevators, shopping when they are too little to sit in the shopping cart...I use mine a ton when volunteering at ds1's school because baby is contained and I can easily chase after the big kids.

I learned to really travel lightly when ds1 was little and I used a Bjorn all the time. I had a changing pad that folded up and had a pocket for 1-2 diapers and some wipes. I could clip that on to the carrier. Everything else I could fit in my pockets. I can carry a bag if I need to but I have never been one to carry a giant diaper bag. I found that I use my car as a giant diaper bag so things are usually close enough if I really need something but I don't have to carry it all with me all the time just in case it is that 1 time I need it.

FYI- I have season baseball tickets too and at my stadium they will sometimes let you leave the stroller at the top of your section but they also have a stroller check at the guest services' office. Still a PITB to bring a stroller so I just don't.

Beth

tny915
05-08-2009, 01:14 PM
I've worn DD2 in the Beco while watching the circus, on rides at Disneyland, and of course the everyday errands around town. I have no problem carrying a diaper bag at the same time. But I'm not a huge packer -- the bag usually has dipe supplies, my wallet and phone, and a small snack. I carry a Jujube BeTween. And if DH is with us, he usually helps hold the bag.

cindys
05-11-2009, 09:37 AM
This may sound like a silly question but I am so new to the baby carrier world.

I saw on Craigslist a Beco Aubrey Butterfly selling for $105...On a website I saw the same one selling brand new shipped for $104...The brand new one indicates the carrier comes with a matching hood...What exactly is that?

I am considering asking the person on Craigslist to lower her price and I may purchase it from her but didnt know if the matching hood is something extra or something standard that comes with the carrier.

Thanks and also thanks for all the previous responses to my original ?.

SnuggleBuggles
05-11-2009, 09:48 AM
AFAIK, the hood comes standard and you should't have to pay extra for it.

That said, the hood on the Beco is a piece of fabric that matches the shoulder straps (at least on the ones I have seen) and you hook it on either to protect baby from the elements or keep their head from flopping if they fall asleep. I honestly haven't used mine much at all but I would probably want to have it.

ETA- make sure the CL has the safety modifications. The Beco was recalled a few years back because the buckles on the shoulder strap were too easy to undo. They are more childproofed now- they require that you squeeze the sides of the buckle and push on a button in the middle of the safety buckle to unlatch it.

Beth

jenny
05-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Also, find out if it's a beco butterfly 1 or 2. 2 is the newer version and the infant insert is detachable and the hood is MUCH better on the 2nd version.

But if your child is old enough and doesn't sleep while you are carrying him, then it shouldn't be a big deal. If you plan on using it for a second child though, you'll want a better hood.

I got my beco that was returned off of babysnazz for $90 including S&H.

You can also go to frogmama and buy returned becos from $90-$105 and frogmama has a return policy.