PDA

View Full Version : Insult to Injury

StantonHyde
05-08-2009, 01:21 PM
So my wonderful, 44 year old skin decides to have a break out session on my chin. Seriously---My lines no longer qualify as "fine lines" that can be smoothed through microdermabrasion. No, we are talking middle aged skin. And then I get a HUMUNGOUS red/white zit that I pop and it bleeds.

To make matter worse, DD sits on my lap today while I am putting on her shoes and she asks what that red bump is on my chin. I tell her it is a pimple, knowing full well that she will probably shout to her preschool teacher, "My mommy has a pimple".

But she doesn't do that. She asks how the pimple got there--I said mommy got some bacteria on her skin. She jumps out of my lap and says, "you know, I'll sit on the floor--I don't want your bacteria to give me diarrhea". I assure her that I am not contagious. She does not want me to touch her bare feet with my bare hands--fine put on your own shoes.

I can't wait till she gets zits--and I will tell her this story:icon_twisted:

smiles33
05-08-2009, 02:12 PM
OMG, I feel for you (as I, too, still get those MONSTER pimples at least once a year despite being 32), but I can't resist cracking up at your DD's reaction! :hysterical:

trentsmom
05-08-2009, 07:02 PM
When I was a young teenager, I thought zits were just something teens got, and as soon as I was old enough, I would no longer get zits. Then I realized my mom still got them. :p I'm thankful with this pregnancy that I haven't had any breakout problems. I need to go to the dermatologists for a mole check, but I'm going to wait to see if I start breaking out after I give birth. I like the good, powerful stuff the derm prescribes!

DrSally
05-08-2009, 09:35 PM
HA! The injustice of it all--pimples and wrinkles at the same time. I keep wondering if I'll still have the occasional huge zit at 60 yo? DS has also asked me what's on my chin, and I say "a pimple". I think the sunscreen I use with Zinc oxide does clog my pores, but I need something with a good UVA block too.