PDA

View Full Version : Zippy car seat strap adapter

mcmanutm
05-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Just wondering if anybody has used the Zippy with an infant car seat. Is the strap a hassle? Otherwise, I am thinking about going with the Peg Perego P3 and car seat that snaps in. However, I really didn't want to spend $300 on a Peg Perego car seat (which is why I'd rather go with the Zippy).

citymama
05-09-2009, 01:34 AM
I did - used the Zippy with our graco Snugride car seat. The straps work fine, it's easy and totally secure. But it doesn't click/snap in place the way that say a Snugride does in the Snugrider frame (I loved that when I borrowed it from a friend!). I would recommend the Zippy - we've had ours for 3 yrs now, infant through preschooler, and we've been a one-stroller family (plus umbrella for air travel, so I guess that makes two ;)).

Nooknookmom
05-09-2009, 03:29 PM
I used a Zippy w/ a Britax Companion (for short trips only-baby should really be nice and reclined in the stroller). I *never* used the strap. It was way too awkward. I just stuck the carseat down into the stroller seat area and it was very snug.

Also, I love my Zippy, after having 8 strollers w/ this DD, the Zippy is the only one that got to hang around for 2 years!

codex57
05-11-2009, 03:27 PM
I have a SnugRide with the Zippy. I find the straps a bit of a pain, only in that they BARELY are long enough to work. Handle has to be in one particular spot to get it long enough.

That said, if you're just going to the mall or other places where it's all flat, it's pretty secure without the straps. I just put them on cuz I'm paranoid. Never know when someone might accidentally run into your stroller, etc.

I went with the Zippy over the Peg in large part cuz I wanted to avoid the Peg infant seat. Not cuz of the cost, but cuz of what a pain that seat is. The cost is only more reason to avoid the Peg infant seat.