PDA

View Full Version : Bag for lots of kiddos

Sugar Magnolia
05-09-2009, 04:17 PM
With baby #4 making his debut soon, I realized I will be needing a much bigger bag to lug around. Right now I am using a smallish messenger bag from Kavu. It fits a good amount of stuff and is durable. I need a bag that will hold lots of snacks, water, change of clothes for dd, and newborn stuff. We are often gone for most of the day. I need something that will be functional and cute.
Any thoughts? I was thinking a Timbuk or Patagonia messenger? Are there any bags like that but a little more femine?

Momof3Labs
05-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Are you planning to breastfeed or bottle feed? I think that impacts how much space a newborn needs in a bag. Also, when you are gone all day, can you restock from a bag in your car, or are you traveling by public transportation or foot (and thus need to fit it all in one bag for the day)?

I had a timbuktu messenger but got rid of it because it was just one big open space with few pockets. Love my Lexie Barnes Darling, and it can be worn messenger-style. The prints are feminine (though admittedly not to everyone's taste).

2pineapplesfornow
05-09-2009, 09:51 PM
I use a big Jansport bookbag with lots of pockets. It's easier to carry, has a lot more room than a regular diaper bag and my husband doesn't mind carrying it. Inside I have a diaper/wipes bag for each kid (this (http://jjcoleusa.com/diapers-wipes-pod) is the one I have). I just found the backpack to be more practical, especially for all day outings.

aajamu
05-11-2009, 12:43 PM
If you can find a Lexie Barnes Superstar, I'd go for that. One of my favorite diaper bags (ever) - it is large, fits what you need, is extremely well organized, and lasts forever. I lived out of that bag for the first 4 months of my second DS's existence.

Another bag you might want to check out is the Fossil Luxe Duffle bag. It's not technically a diaper bag but has side pockets and you can fit everything you need in it. I have this one and use it for travel, but it's also a great large diaper bag. You can check it out here - http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=337732&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

WatchingThemGrow
05-11-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm planning for the same... and I just got a Skip Hop Duo Double on CL for $27 shipped. It is like a Huge Dash (or more precisely, a huge Duo). it has pockets everywhere, but best of all, it CLIPS on to my double and will be out of my way! I haven't used it yet, and my plan is for it to be a car bag mainly, with occasional use on day-long trips.

The backpack seems like a good idea too. I need to see if I can keep my packed backpack under the stroller easily or if I'll just use the Dash for daily stuff with 2.

Sugar Magnolia
05-13-2009, 11:52 AM
I will be breastfeeding, but we use cloth diapers.

I think the openness of the Timbuk will bug me.

Any other suggestions? Thanks!