PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mother's Day

JBaxter
05-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Happy mother's day everyone. Hope you have a great day.

I had a "date" with my oldest son yesterday. He took me to see Wolverine. Today is the dedication of my youngest 2 sons at our church w/ dinner at a fab german restaurant.

mommy111
05-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Happy mother's day!!!! We live in a different time zone, so mother's day has started here and been perfect so far. DS who was sick is better today and chillied out with grandma (who we are visiting) and DD and I went swimming, then to the park, then lunch at my mom's place and then snuggled together for afternoon nap :) What can be better!

Melaine
05-10-2009, 08:39 AM
To everyone here, a VERY Happy Mother's Day. I'm proud to stand in the maternal ranks and to celebrate all that being a Mama means on this day. I'm thankful that God has blessed me with this role, one I have coveted from childhood, and given me a strong and unselfish man to lead me as my husband. It's truly amazing that in a brief nine months God could transform me into a mother, a life-long role that is ever-changing, challenging, and growing me. That He trusts me with two precious souls is both breath-taking and humbling.
Congratulations on your journey as a mother and all the places it will take you!

mamaoftwins
05-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Happy Mother's Day, everyone! You all do a heck of a job! :)

g-mama
05-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Happy Mothers Day to everyone!! Hope everyone gets to enjoy the day in some special way and spend time enjoying their children.

My dh and my best friend's dh arranged for the two of us to go out for an amazing dinner at Ruth's Chris last night and a movie afterwards. Best part was the reservation was early (5pm) so it truly meant the night off for us while they stayed home with the kids.

Today was breakfast and handmade cards from my kids and now we're getting ready to go to SIL's house to have lunch with MIL and the rest of the family. And it's an absolutely gorgeous day after almost 3 weeks of nonstop rain!

wellyes
05-10-2009, 07:48 PM
I'm enjoying my mother's day very much...... I've spent it lounging :yay: I also went for a long bike ride by myself. DH has watched the baby, taken care of meals, her bath and is now putting her to bed!

Ceepa
05-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Happy Mother's Day everyone!

It's been a good day. Lots of time spent with loved ones and now DH is putting down the kids and then we're going to break into the ice cream he sneaked into the house earlier today. Yum. :love2:

MontrealMum
05-11-2009, 12:20 AM
I hope more people had good Mother's Days - there aren't a lot of posts in this thread which is sad :(

We had a very low-key day around here. Went to the Mother's breakfast at church and met another baby with DS' name - first time that's ever happened. Sat with the godparents which made them very happy as they could show him off, and saw lots of dear friends. DS was relatively well behaved (he's a little overly energetic at times). The weather is awful here and allergies are horrific so we spent the rest of the day inside just playing, but no harm in some calm family time. It was also great that our presence wasn't required at the ILs at the last-minute :)