PDA

View Full Version : Paint Recommendation - BM Boys' Room Blue!

annasmom
05-10-2009, 11:52 AM
I need some recommendations for a good blue color for my boys' room. We have already spent a small fortune on the sample paints, so I was hoping I could get some personal recommendations.

I want something medium hued - not too bright, but not baby blue. Oh, and not too dark either.

I am looking primarily for Benjamin Moore - because that is what I know, but we have a Lowes and HD nearby as well.

Thanks!

arivecchi
05-10-2009, 01:23 PM
I need some recommendations for a good blue color for my boys' room. We have already spent a small fortune on the sample paints, so I was hoping I could get some personal recommendations.

I want something medium hued - not too bright, but not baby blue. Oh, and not too dark either.

I am looking primarily for Benjamin Moore - because that is what I know, but we have a Lowes and HD nearby as well.

Thanks! We have Artic Blue and it looks awesome in my son's room.

Corie
05-10-2009, 01:24 PM
We have Artic Blue and it looks awesome in my son's room.

That color was just pictured in the recent Pottery Barn Teens catalog. It's
a great color!

Corie
05-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Eileen!

You should get the Pottery Barn catalogs (the regular one, the kids, and the
teen one).

They are partnered with Benjamin Moore. So, in the pages of the catalog,
you can see the actual paint colors used. I love that feature.

Go through your catalogs and see if you see some blues that you like.

arivecchi
05-10-2009, 01:28 PM
The Benjamin Moore website also has a feature that allows you to view all of their colors in sample rooms.

andie16
05-10-2009, 02:14 PM
I like BM Woodlawn blue. In our old house that's what we painted ds's room. In our current house his room did not need to be painted, so that's what I painted the downstairs powder room. It does have a slightly grayish/greenish hint to it depending on the light so it may or may not work for you.

kcimato
05-10-2009, 04:40 PM
I am not a fan of blue but one of the BM color consultants talked me into Gossamer Blue. Then I painted the ceiling 2 colors up from that. It's called seafoam. I love it so much I'm going to paint the spare bedroom the same color. Another nice color is Palladium blue. Woodlawn Blue like a pp suggested is great also.

annasmom
05-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks so much for the suggestions!

neeleymartin
05-10-2009, 09:13 PM
our bathroom is behr liberty. we get a million compliments on it. white trim and wainscoting beneath. the shade may be a bit dark for whole room, but a lighter hue on same card may work.

http://www.materials-world.com/paint-colors/behr/behr-colorsmart/behr-colorsmart-30.htm

Ceepa
05-10-2009, 09:17 PM
our bathroom is behr liberty. we get a million compliments on it. white trim and wainscoting beneath. the shade may be a bit dark for whole room, but a lighter hue on same card may work.

http://www.materials-world.com/paint-colors/behr/behr-colorsmart/behr-colorsmart-30.htm

That sounds like a nice bathroom decor.

lil_acorn
05-10-2009, 09:18 PM
we have a behr color but we used BM paint - they were able to tint it from the swatch. It's called "ocean ridge blue" and it does remind me of the ocean.

tiapam
05-10-2009, 11:34 PM
We used Little Boy Blue. I think it is Benjamin Moore. I was having trouble deciding and figured I couldn't go wrong with a name like that.

L'sMommy
05-11-2009, 08:09 AM
We have BM's Mediterranian Breeze. Truth be told that room was already that color before DS was born. When we learned he was a boy we decided not to repaint it (our whole house was painted about 3 years ago). I love that color and it works well with his bedding/furniture.

mominma
05-11-2009, 09:14 AM
We used Little Boy Blue. I think it is Benjamin Moore. I was having trouble deciding and figured I couldn't go wrong with a name like that.

That is so funny! We also did my son's room in the Little Boy Blue color for the same reason!