PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Brown's Users - Storage Cap?

sunshine873
05-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi,

I've been using Dr. Brown's bottles for DD. Breast milk with formula added in. I'm trying to decide what is the best way to pack bottles for a day out.

1 - Use the little disks that they come with? This I like, because all of the other parts can stay attached to the bottle & I don't have to store those separately.

2 - Use the travel/storage caps that you can buy separately. It looks like those might be nice for shaking up formula, but then what do you do with all of the other parts?

Ugh. I didn't want to deal with all of the parts in the Dr. Brown's system, but it's what works for DD, so I'll deal with it. I'm just looking for anyone else's experiences. I've found that you need something, or the bottles leak.

clb
05-10-2009, 09:30 PM
The little disks are fine if you keep the bottles upright. The Dr Brown's bag works well for that purpose. The bottles are snug enough that they can't fall over. If the bottles fall over they will leak and it is messy when you open the cap.

I only used the travel caps when using powdered formula. In that case, I would pack the insert and cap/collar/nipple in a separate plastic bag. I started to label one plastic bag dirty and one clean. I would wipe the dirty one and reuse both bags. Before I started labeling, unlabeled plastic bags were thrown out and it seemed like such a waste.

neeleymartin
05-10-2009, 09:39 PM
The little disks are fine if you keep the bottles upright. The Dr Brown's bag works well for that purpose. The bottles are snug enough that they can't fall over. If the bottles fall over they will leak and it is messy when you open the cap.

yup:yeahthat:

purple
05-11-2009, 09:53 PM
I used to use the little disks, but I hated having to take apart the nipple, especially since I wasn't always going to be by a sink necessarily to wash my hands before doing so. Personally I just stopped using the disks for day out trips where we just brought along one bottle, maybe two. Its not been a problem, I just try to keep my bottle bag upright, and sloshing over hasn't been a problem for me.

For pumping at work, I got the travel caps. I like them a lot. I also think the PPs suggestion of using the travel caps with the nipple/tubes assembled in a separate plastic bag is a good idea. That way you can just pop off the travel cap and pop on the nipple/tube piece, without having to take apart the nipple and contaminating everything.