PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the recs to use Ecover! Worked like a charm!

kayte
05-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Thanks to those who recommended Ecover dishwashing tablets! YEAH!! Wahoo! No yucky films and CLEAN dishes!! Yahooo! I also followed a poster's advice and added a little borax to the bottom of the washer to help soften the water.

Even my husband had to admit he didn't need his Cascade anymore!!!!

You guys rock!

SnuggleBuggles
05-10-2009, 10:10 PM
I just picked some up too and will use it when I run out of my other stuff. Good to hear another positive review.

Beth

Naranjadia
05-11-2009, 12:04 AM
I love it! It also keeps me from using too much soap, which I am sometimes tempted to do.

MommyAllison
05-11-2009, 02:41 AM
Glad it worked well for you! :) One note that the appliance guy told us is that the phosphate free detergents work best if you don't rinse every dish perfectly clean before putting it in the dishwasher. The detergent needs some stuff to grab onto, otherwise it will eat away at the finish of your dishes and etch your glassware. I have no idea if it's true, but I don't mind saving myself a bit of time. :)

DrSally
05-11-2009, 09:13 AM
I saw this on the other thread. Where do you find these?

justincase
05-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Good to hear another positive review.
:yeahthat:
I had tried several greener options and given up in despair over the yucky film. Went back to Cascade. :( Have seen these but hadn't tried them. Maybe will give it a shot!

kayte
05-11-2009, 01:59 PM
:yeahthat:
I had tried several greener options and given up in despair over the yucky film. Went back to Cascade. :( Have seen these but hadn't tried them. Maybe will give it a shot!

This is exactly what was going on with us.

Sally- I bought it at Sprouts. BUt here is a store locator

http://www.ecover.com/us/en/WhereToBuy/

Ceepa
05-12-2009, 08:32 AM
The detergent needs some stuff to grab onto, otherwise it will eat away at the finish of your dishes and etch your glassware. I have no idea if it's true, but I don't mind saving myself a bit of time. :)

I hadn't heard this before. But I'm notorious for not rinsing my dishes first anyway.