PDA

View Full Version : If you own a Dyson, which one do you have & pros & cons?

gatorsmom
05-11-2009, 01:36 AM
Ugh, I know, another vacuum question. But I just don't have time to go out and do a lot of searching so I was hoping you guys could help me. And my Hoover is losing pieces by the day. I have heard that Dysons are really good for carpet and we have a lot of that.

I'm looking for a light, upright, bagless, with HEPA filter and quickdraw-type arm attachment. I'll be carrying it up our steps very often so lightweight is important.

I see that the DC18 Slim is being discontinued. It sounds nearly perfect. Would you buy a vacuum model that's being discontinued?

tia for your help.

elliput
05-11-2009, 09:41 AM
I see that the DC18 Slim is being discontinued. It sounds nearly perfect. Would you buy a vacuum model that's being discontinued?

tia for your help.

If the model has gotten a lot of good reviews, yes, I would buy it. If the reviews are mediocre, I would probably pass.

I have the DC14 Animal, which is probably heavier than you would like.

jammytoast
05-11-2009, 09:59 AM
ive got the D14 animal, too and love everything about it but the weight. Its kind of a beast to lug up and down the stairs, but the extensible nozzle makes it the easiest thing I've ever had to vacuum stairs. Even with the weight, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

Dyson does have some hits and misses (I'd have loved to get the cannister one, but not for the horrid reviews), so if the Slim one had gotten bad knocks, I might avoid it.

TraciG
05-11-2009, 11:01 AM
I LOVE my Dyson, it's an animal one too, I can't remember the number, it's the purple ball one. It has the canister which I LOVE !! It's not heavy at all & I LOVE to see all the dirt after I vacuumed ! I am VERY HAPPY with mine Dyson !

lil_acorn
05-11-2009, 11:32 AM
We have teh DC25 ball version. We do love it but I wish the cannister was bigger. And even though you hit the button to release the dirt into the trash can, the dust balls always get stuck so you are always getting your hands dirty when you empty the cannister.