PDA

View Full Version : Value resort question

HIU8
05-11-2009, 09:48 AM
We are considering one of the value resorts for our WDW trip next January. My question is, can we do adjoining rooms? My mother will be going with us for a few days (I could not find that info). Also, my mother will be babysitting DS and DD while DH and I go to a wedding one of the days. My mother will not have a car (we will be gone from mid-afternoon until about midnight). Do the value resorts have enough for DD and DS to do that my mother can easily get them to by herself (things that will be open around 4 pm and places to eat dinner on a sunday night)?

egoldber
05-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Yes. :) We had adjoining rooms with my ILs when we stayed at Pop Century. It is MUCH more economical to do that than to get a suite at WDW.

ETA: I just saw the other part of your question, sorry. Yes, all the Value resorts have VERY large food courts that open very early (maybe 6?) and close late (maybe midnight or 1?).

They also have playgrounds and several pools.

They can also take a bus into a park if they are feeling adventurous. :) Or they could bus to Downtown Disney and look around there.

HIU8
05-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Thanks. I think this trip will be a value resort. I have never stayed on property when I have been there (3 times as a kid and we stayed offsite in the real economy places and drove to the WDW parking daily), so this should be fun.

egoldber
05-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Of course it will be fun! It's "The Happiest Place on Earth!"

natmurr
05-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Just make sure you ask for CONNECTING rooms - be specific that you want 2 rooms that connect through an interior door.

I made the mistake of saying I wanted adjoining rooms and got 2 rooms side-by-side - no interior door.

Natalie

egoldber
05-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Ah yes. And make sure when you check in that the rooms are indeed connecting. If not, they can probably fix it at check-in.

Momof3Labs
05-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Keep in mind that while you can request connecting rooms (and go right back to the front desk to get it fixed if they are not), it is only a request and not a guarantee. So, ask yourself if you are okay if they are not connecting - if not, this may not be the right option for you.