PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching the Stanley Cup playoffs

bubbaray
05-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Either voluntarily or involuntarily? LOL?? I don't really give a rip about hockey, but DH does. He's comandeered the TV in the living room until the Canucks are out of the playoffs.

Go Canucks Go!!!! Wait a minute -- I get control of the remote if Chicago wins. Hmmmm. Tough decision.

BillK
05-11-2009, 10:20 PM
I am and the Penguins are pi$$ing me off - WHY they just can't put the Caps out of my misery is beyond me. God I can't stand Ovechkin - so annoying he is. I hope the Canucks win too.

bubbaray
05-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Chicago got another goal when I posted. I should keep posting here. LOL. Then we can return to my regularly scheduled programming. Isn't NCIS on tonight?? Or ANYTHING other than hockey????

SnuggleBuggles
05-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Not really but dh is. He is a Penguins' fan. I can't stand to watch the games because they have all gone into sudden death overtime lately and I can't handle the stress/ suspense. Game 7 on Wed. is going to be very, very tense around here. Dh's happiness hinges on the success of his team.

I do agree, Melissa, I would enjoy having control of the TV back. Sadly, dh is a baseball fan as well and I will continue to lose the TV to that for many more months to come. I keep trying to get him to use the other TV (the one without Tivo) but he won't go. Sigh.

Beth

lilycat88
05-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Every time I leave the room where I'm watching something the channel is changed to the playoffs. DH had DD snuggled up in bed a couple of nights ago giving her the play by play. At almost 5, all she cared about was which uniforms were pretty.

BillK
05-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Ya'll need another TV! I'm happy as a lark down in the game room on the 50" plasma being frustrated with Malkin - and she's all content and curled up on the couch upstairs watching Grey's or whatnot on the 42".

bubbaray
05-11-2009, 10:30 PM
All my DD#1 cares about is who's winning. We have to vote in a provincial election tomorrow and she'll be saying the same things when we are watching the returns -- is our guy winning? Gee wonder where she get's that from?? :ROTFLMAO:

Score was 3:1 for Chicago when I started this reply -- Vancouver just got another goal, so its 3:2. Sigh. If they lose, I have to listen to DH bitch and moan about it.

Vancouver is sucking tonight though. Choke

bubbaray
05-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Ya'll need another TV! I'm happy as a lark down in the game room on the 50" plasma being frustrated with Malkin - and she's all content and curled up on the couch upstairs watching Grey's or whatnot on the 42".

We have 4 -- but only 1 is hooked up to the dVR, so I can watch the other TVs, but not anything I've recorded. I usually record stuff in the Eastern timezone so I can watch it earlier than it comes on here. Maybe that should be DH's fathers' day gift, another dVR. I could say its for him. LOL.

TwinFoxes
05-11-2009, 10:36 PM
LET'S GO RED WINGS!! My DH is from Detroit. I'm from California I'm not a big hockey fan. I like sports though, so I don't mind watching.

shawnandangel
05-11-2009, 10:44 PM
LET'S GO RED WINGS!! My DH is from Detroit. I'm from California I'm not a big hockey fan. I like sports though, so I don't mind watching.

I went to college in Michigan. I love the Red Wings. It was being in Michigan that got me into hockey. Now that I live in Nashville, I root for the Predators too, except when they play Detroit.

Go Wings!

mommyp
05-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Yep, we're watching. I'm frustrated with Vancouver, they're the only Canadian team left so I'd like them to stay in it!! It must be because I didn't put on my Canucks t-shirt, I'll go get it now that it's the intermission and tied. DH is a big Red Wings fan (because of Stevie Y) and a Habs fan (having grown up in Montreal). I don't know what would happen if they ever had to play each other in the finals, LOL. Not that that will be happening any time soon. I'm happy to have the games on, the only show we won't miss for hockey is the Lost finale on Wed.

bubbaray
05-11-2009, 11:15 PM
OK, we're watching on dVR delay (been pausing it to deal wtih the little people). Its 3:4 Canucks. Can they hang on???

DD#1 is cheering them on and telling them to go for 5.

bubbaray
05-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Tied 4all now....

mom2binsd
05-11-2009, 11:29 PM
I live south of Chicago (and a friend works for them) so we kinda feel like we want the Blackhawks to win, but I'm Canadian and I hate seeing the Cup go south of the border, but I'm really a Detroit fan at heart so I just watch it all and love it all!!

We get the NHL network so we get lots of coverage and even my 3 year old DS will sit and watch, he's obsessed!

bubbaray
05-11-2009, 11:32 PM
Tied 5 all.

DD says both teams should get a chance to win. LOL.

bubbaray
05-11-2009, 11:34 PM
6:5 Chicago....

This is getting interesting, LOL. Anyone know what the highest scoring playoff game was???

bubbaray
05-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Kane is on fire. 7:5 now (still on dVR delay -- and we don't hear honking, so there is no way the Canuckle heads won).

Tee time, anyone?

rlu
05-11-2009, 11:50 PM
My signature says it all. My dad used to watch the California Seals play, so we grew up watching hockey occassionally.

Now that the Sharks broke our hearts yet again, we're still watching but without the gut-wrenching anxiety overtime can bring. Basically we want the Red Wings and Ducks to wear each other out and then the winner get knocked out in the next round. So by default we're rooting for Chicago in the West. I also would like to see Boston out for personal reasons. My sister likes the Penguins, so we're rooting for them.

Ceepa
05-12-2009, 07:40 AM
We're pulling for the Capitals.

MelissaTC
05-12-2009, 08:00 AM
All over it. Went to the Canes game on Friday. Kind of jealous that DH is going tonight. Carolina is crazy about hockey (I wonder if that has something to do with all of us being Northeast transplants?! lol). GO CANES!!!!!!

mom2binsd
05-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Yep, we're watching. I'm frustrated with Vancouver, they're the only Canadian team left so I'd like them to stay in it!! It must be because I didn't put on my Canucks t-shirt, I'll go get it now that it's the intermission and tied. DH is a big Red Wings fan (because of Stevie Y) and a Habs fan (having grown up in Montreal). I don't know what would happen if they ever had to play each other in the finals, LOL. Not that that will be happening any time soon. I'm happy to have the games on, the only show we won't miss for hockey is the Lost finale on Wed.

Steve is the reason I'm a Detroit fan, I dated his brother for 8 years (I can't tell you how many hockey games we watched in those years!!) and Steve's wife and I grew up across the street from each other....my fav hockey memory is when Steve brought the Stanley Cup home to his parents house, I've go so many pics of me and the CUP just hanging out!!! We cheered em on in the days when Detroit was awful and were rewarded with the Stanley Cups finally, but that organization really knows what they're doing and they have a quality team every year. My hometown of Ottawa just lets me down too much...they choke every year!

Twoboos
05-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Have to jump in here and say GO BRUINS!!! Take those 'Canes D-O-W-N!!!

Between hockey and basketball playoffs and regular baseball season, I am nearly having a heart attack nightly. I get very worked up when I'm watching.

And GO CELTICS while we're at it! :)

billysmommy
05-12-2009, 09:07 AM

Between hockey and basketball playoffs and regular baseball season, I am nearly having a heart attack nightly. I get very worked up when I'm watching.

And GO CELTICS while we're at it! :)

Same here :) Poor DH doesn't know which channel to watch as he's afraid he'll miss something...lol

He's really hoping the Celtics keep winning as he has tix to the next round

MelissaTC
05-12-2009, 09:16 AM

They are going to get their one way tickets back to Boston tonight. They are playing in OUR house, THE loudest in the NHL. I am sending DH with the cowbells. :)

Twoboos
05-12-2009, 09:22 AM
They are going to get their one way tickets back to Boston tonight. They are playing in OUR house, THE loudest in the NHL. I am sending DH with the cowbells. :)

Let's not forget the Bruins are DUE to win, they are the only Boston team that hasn't brought home the crown in the past few years.... that's more powerful than a silly cowbell!! :wink2:

Go Bruins!!! :yay:

caleymama
05-12-2009, 09:24 AM
DH is a lifelong Caps fan, so this is a big year for him! It's about time I hear him do something besides complain about them, LOL! We don't get the channel that most of the games have been on, so he listens to them on his laptop or if he can he goes over to my parent's house to watch on their big-screen TV.

Back in college I surprised him one Valentine's Day with a trip to Ottawa to see the Senators play the Capitals. We went to college in western NY, so traveling to Ottawa was closer than going to DC. So much fun, and Ottawa is a beautiful city. Ahhh, young love. :ROTFLMAO:

Gena
05-12-2009, 10:43 AM
We're big Red Wings fans here. I am originally from the Detroit area originally . DH has family ties to Pittsburgh, but he roots for the Red Wings too. When we moved away from Michigan I made DH promise that we would always root for the Red Wings no matter where we live.

zoestargrove
05-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Another Bruins fan! They are definitely due for a win! My husband would walk on air for a year if they win. He was only a few months old when they won the cup back in 1972!!

Go BRUINS!

It's going to take months of chiropractic care and massages to undo the tension in my neck and back from this playoff season - between the B's and the Celtics.

Go Bruins!!!

hellokitty1
05-12-2009, 11:19 AM
All my DD#1 cares about is who's winning. We have to vote in a provincial election tomorrow and she'll be saying the same things when we are watching the returns -- is our guy winning? Gee wonder where she get's that from?? :ROTFLMAO:

this sounds like my dd...with presidential elections, with college basketball (thank goodness our team came out on top) and with dh's weekly basketball league games. she is bummed when "we" don't win, literally taking it personally. sheesh.