PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Choose an Umbrella Stroller

meghanamm
05-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Hi, newbie here. This is my first post! My el cheapo umbrella stroller finally bit the dust and I'm so excited to finally buy a new stroller! However, I'm totally overwhelmed by the choices out there these days - it's been 4 years since I've even looked at strollers!

Ideally I'd like something that my average sized 4 year old could sit in if he gets tired on outings to the zoo or at the airport, etc. But I also have a very petite 13 month old who would be the main stroller occupant. I tried out the Maclaren Techno XLR (on sale) at our local baby store, and while it would be perfect for my son, my little girl looked lost in it.

I love love love the look of the City Mini, and have tried out a friend's. But I don't want to spend quite that amount on a third stroller (I also have a Zooper Kroozer and a Peg Velo chassis/pram combo). So I think that also eliminates the Techno. Plus I know everyone raves about Maclarens, but those wheels ... they bother me for some reason.

I've sort of narrowed it down to the Ingelsina Urbe and the Peg Si. I'm in Canada and the Urbe isn't available here, but I have family in Texas so I can order it from Walmart and my SIL can ship it to me. However, I can't see it IRL.

Any thoughts? Would my son be able to take the occasional ride in the Si? How does the Urbe compare size wise to the Quest or the XLR? Any other strollers you'd recommend?

TIA!

Meghan