PDA

View Full Version : Beco Butterfly 2 and lower back problems...

judydark
05-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Has anyone with lower back problems used the Beco Butterfly 2 successfully? My husband and I have both had back issues in the past so we are hoping to find a carrier that puts most of the weight onto the hips rather than the back/shoulders.

From what I've read the Beco seems like one of the better options for us, but I'm curious to hear how the Beco feels on the lower back generally, even for people without existing back issues.

Thanks in advance!

jenny
05-12-2009, 10:24 AM
the beco and ergo and other soft structured carriers put the weight of the baby on the hips. It's the baby bjorn and snugli carries that put the weight of the baby on your shoulders and on your back.

if you buy a beco on frogmama and don't like it, you can return it. I bought mine on babysnazz.com for $90 including S&H.

You should also locate a local babywearing group in your area through Thebabywearer.com and see if you can try on different carriers.

Philoscript
05-30-2009, 11:45 PM
Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that the Beco can be used with a bad back. Approximately eight years ago I injured my back to the point where I had severe pain off and on for 2 years. I currently use the carrier comfortably (I can go more than 3 hours at a time if needed). To give you an estimate of the weight I'm carrying--my daughter is almost 12lbs at less than 8 weeks. The carrier is built like a camping backpack; the weight is distributed on the hips.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

czekit7
06-08-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm interested in this Beco carrier simply because I have a few lower discs that have been giving my troubles for a few years. I appreciate the reviews on it, but could anyone suggest a similar carrier that would work for parents up to 6'7" tall. I'm 6'2" (and shrinking I think), but my husband is 6'7" and the Beco Butterfly 2 is only suggested for parents up to 6'2". Any other carriers that work for the taller people??? Thanks for any suggestions.

hobie
06-08-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm interested in this Beco carrier simply because I have a few lower discs that have been giving my troubles for a few years. I appreciate the reviews on it, but could anyone suggest a similar carrier that would work for parents up to 6'7" tall. I'm 6'2" (and shrinking I think), but my husband is 6'7" and the Beco Butterfly 2 is only suggested for parents up to 6'2". Any other carriers that work for the taller people??? Thanks for any suggestions.

Go to thebabywearer.com! Check out choosing and using Asian carriers, and you will get a lot more response there.

I would guess that it may be hard to fit someone so tall in a buckle carrier, but I don't know all the brands; people on thebabywearer do. I know that mei tai carriers will work for tall people (even for bad backs), and a very good, sturdy, brand to look at is Kozy.