PDA

View Full Version : ? for TV-watching West Coast moms...

SASM
05-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Silly question...Do you actually watch DWTS, American Idol, and other "limited voting time" shows at 5/6pm-ish when they start airing on the East Coast at 8/9pm-ish?? It dawned on me last night that DWTS airs on the EC around 8pm-ish with voting up to 30 minutes after the show airs. I have hoped that the voting cut-offs roll with the time (EST...CST...MST...PST) although I do not think there is a way to do that. Anyway...That would be a CRAZY busy time of the day to watch all of these prime-time shows, not to mention the definite spoilers if they do indeed air later.

I hope this makes sense...I am soooo sleep-deprived today.

MarisaSF
05-12-2009, 02:12 PM
I watch AI on PST. I guess the voting times "roll" depending what time zone you're calling from. Not sure how it works if I were visiting NY with my AZ cell phone, though.

I always Tivo and watch with some delay of up to a day or two. Easy to avoid spoilers because I never watch TV during the day.

ETA -- AI airs at 7 on Tuesdays and 8 on Wednesdays here (AZ, which is sometimes on PST and sometimes MT).

jellibeans
05-12-2009, 02:13 PM
No. In Pacific time, the shows start at 8pm. I think that all of those shows have a seperate voting time and just hope that easterners don't stay up and vote then, too. It actually kinda stinks because I usually know who was kicked off AI or DWTS's before it is on here because of the internet. I still watch, though.