PDA

View Full Version : bag for gym

cchavez
05-12-2009, 04:03 PM
I am going to start seeing a personal trainer at the gym next month....and I need a bag. I always show up in work out clothes when I go to the gym now and I take my purse w/ me....I am not comfortable...locking it in my SUV and I don't want to rent a locker. I need a small little bag to hold my id, keys (big key chain) and ipod...any suggestions? Thanks!

geochick
05-12-2009, 04:40 PM
I love my LLBean duffel. I also have a tote with a zipper that would work.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=33458&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=4522&feat=4522-tn&cat4=2915

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=37037&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=504173&feat=504173-tn&cat4=504161

wellyes
05-12-2009, 08:42 PM
You have to RENT a locker at your gym? That's no good. I'd suggest just brining your purse and putting it aside - but within your line of vision- during your workout. I've seen people do that.

I can't answer, I take a regular-size duffel to the gym with me. Mine is Under Armor and it's WAY better than the Nike & Addidas ones I saw in the same price range ($35ish).

SnuggleBuggles
05-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Do they have no day use lockers? Every gym I have been to has these.

If I just want to get in and get out I wear a jacket with pockets and put the things you listed in there. When I get hot I just put my jacket down by me.

Beth

deannanb
05-12-2009, 11:03 PM
If you are going to work out with a trainer and commit to working out (and you have joined the gym) - I'd pay for a locker rental - if they don't have them where you put your own locker. I find that it is much easier to worry about where your water bottle is than worrying about your purse!

Good Luck

infomama
05-12-2009, 11:09 PM
My gym doesn't even have lockers. They have a little cubby where you can stick your bag in a common area. I just tote my keys (and water) with me from machine to machine. My Ipod is on an armband so that's not an issue. I never take my purse to the gym but if you do perhaps a small duffle would work.

SnuggleBuggles
05-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Oh, that water bottle comment reminded me of something. At some point I had a need to carry my keys and ID with me and I wound up buying this neoprene sleeve for my water bottle (kept it insulated) and I was able to slide those things in in between then bottle and sleeve. Some water bottle holders are actually meant for that purpose and have zippered compartments on the side. Dh has one of those. PP also reminded me that I just tend to clip my iPod on.

Beth