PDA

View Full Version : Favorite wallet/wristlet?

ang79
05-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Seems like I'm constantly looking for a good wallet/wristlet combination. I want something small that I can fit money, cards (I have at least 10 credit/store/insurance cards I carry at all times), and preferably my cell phone in, that I can put in the diaper bag but also use just on its own if I'm out without the kids (which rarely happens, but just in case!). I'd also like it to have a wristlet strap with a clip so that I can clip it onto my belt loop or baby carrier if needed. I was using a small wallet and putting it in an FV wristbag with my phone, chapstick, etc. but I think I'd rather have one thing to contain it all.

I just bought a Vera Bradley All in One and love how compact it is because it fits into all my bag easily, but its a tight squeeze with all the cards I like to carry and I worry about my phone falling out, plus there's no room for chapstick, feminine products, etc. (if anyone is interested in buying it, its NWT, Purple Punch - PM me!).

I previously had a JuJuBe BeMine and liked the longer strap to wear it as a purse, but the size seemed awkward to fit into some of my overstuffed bags, plus the lack of card slots bugged me. I may want to try that again, unless there is a better option out there.....Any recommendations?

AngelaS
05-12-2009, 06:20 PM
I have a JuJuBe BeMine and love it, so I'm no help! LOL I don't carry very many cards tho. :)

mamaoftwins
05-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Ang, so glad you posted this! I'm in the market for a similar item. :) Would love an HH Pilot, but those are so hard to come by (not to mention expensive).

I'll be looking forward to other's posts!!

Melaine
05-12-2009, 08:36 PM
I'd been looking for something similar for along time, and I finally found this last week at target:
http://www.target.com/Mossimo-Black-Wristlet-Blue/dp/B001KPMDRM/sr=1-1/qid=1242174738/ref=sr_1_1/189-4360678-8065558?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Awristlet&page=1
For some reason at my store it was marked down to $4.50 and I LOVE it. It has been absolutely perfect for me. I can easily fit my keys, my wallet (which is a small square one) and my cell phone (in the outside pocket). I can also stick in lipstick or kleenex, maybe a couple other small things. It fits so easily into the diaper bag or even a bigger purse, but I can also carry it on my wrist when I am running out or even carry it on my wrist and hold BOTH the girls hands for a quick errand. I think it is very cute, and IRL it is more of a turquoise than it looks on the site.

Melaine
05-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Oh, I just realized they have it in other colors. I think I should go back and see if more on sale!

KrisM
05-12-2009, 09:14 PM
I'd been looking for something similar for along time, and I finally found this last week at target:
http://www.target.com/Mossimo-Black-Wristlet-Blue/dp/B001KPMDRM/sr=1-1/qid=1242174738/ref=sr_1_1/189-4360678-8065558?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Awristlet&page=1
For some reason at my store it was marked down to $4.50 and I LOVE it. It has been absolutely perfect for me. I can easily fit my keys, my wallet (which is a small square one) and my cell phone (in the outside pocket). I can also stick in lipstick or kleenex, maybe a couple other small things. It fits so easily into the diaper bag or even a bigger purse, but I can also carry it on my wrist when I am running out or even carry it on my wrist and hold BOTH the girls hands for a quick errand. I think it is very cute, and IRL it is more of a turquoise than it looks on the site.

I love it - it's a Black Wristlet in blue :).

I just bought a JuJuBe Mine and am waiting for it to arrive. I'm not convinced it's really what I want, but I'm hoping.

Melaine
05-12-2009, 09:29 PM
I love it - it's a Black Wristlet in blue :).

I know, right? After a lot of thought, I've determined that "black" is like a sub-brand of Mossimo. It's really stupid and confusing.

DietCokeLover
05-12-2009, 09:38 PM
I have a Vera Bradley wristlet. I don't use it like it's really meant to be used. I use mine to hide my favorite pens from DH who is notorious for losing pens! So, sorry that's not much help, but I think it's pretty cute.

ang79
05-12-2009, 09:50 PM

Hmmm...might have to make a Target run tomorrow morning! It would be nice to try it for $4.50! Though it may be bigger than what I'm wanting. My problem (with bags and wallets) is that I like small ones but need bigger ones! That was one of my concerns about the BeMine, it was a tad too big to fit in any of the exterior pockets on my bags and the main compartments are always stuffed with kid stuff. And that's why I'm no longer using the FV wristbag and just went to throwing my wallet in the front pocket of the diaper bag. The VB All in One is the perfect size to fit in pockets, but on the small side. I guess I just can't have it all, can I?

swissair81
05-12-2009, 10:08 PM
check out JJB's be major. it might be more what you are looking for.

ang79
05-13-2009, 09:08 AM
check out JJB's be major. it might be more what you are looking for.

Thanks, but from what I've heard that is even bigger and bulkier than the BeMine, so I don't think I would like that either :(

BeachBum
05-13-2009, 09:20 AM
I have a BeMajor and LOVE it. It holds all my wallet stuff,organized with slots, 2 tubes of lipstick, a mini pen, has a key fob and an outside pocket for my cell. Yeah, I wish it were smaller (it's not huge or anything), but then it wouldn't hold my stuff!

ang79
05-13-2009, 09:24 AM
I have a BeMajor and LOVE it. It holds all my wallet stuff,organized with slots, 2 tubes of lipstick, a mini pen, has a key fob and an outside pocket for my cell. Yeah, I wish it were smaller (it's not huge or anything), but then it wouldn't hold my stuff!

Does the outside cell pocket have a strap or anything to hold the phone in or is it just an open pocket? Does it feel bulky if you wear it on your shoulder or cross body or is it better to use it as a wristlet?

Melaine
06-01-2009, 02:23 PM

Curse the cute wristlet that solved my handbag needs and then snapped once I had bought a coordinating wallet. Argh. I barely even got my $3.75's worth out of that sucker.

ang79
06-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Curse the cute wristlet that solved my handbag needs and then snapped once I had bought a coordinating wallet. Argh. I barely even got my $3.75's worth out of that sucker.

Oh no! That's kinda why I wanted to go with something more sturdier like JJB. I actually ended up trying the BeMine again and found a way to make it work for me and have a second one on its way to me. Hope you can find something else soon that you love!

BigDog
06-01-2009, 04:01 PM
I have this exact one by Fanci Free:
http://www.littledudesanddivas.com/ffwltmgnta.html
It's on clearance for $4 which is a great price for this wristlet (they have other colors/patterns as well). I've been using mine for over 2 years now and love it. I've been looking for something new just for a change of pace but nothing seems to offer me all the conveniences that this one does.

hellokitty
06-01-2009, 06:27 PM
I have this exact one by Fanci Free:
http://www.littledudesanddivas.com/ffwltmgnta.html
It's on clearance for $4 which is a great price for this wristlet (they have other colors/patterns as well). I've been using mine for over 2 years now and love it. I've been looking for something new just for a change of pace but nothing seems to offer me all the conveniences that this one does.

That's really cute and practical looking, plus you can't beat the price!

Melaine
06-01-2009, 09:32 PM
That is cute! I just wish it had room for my keys.

BigDog
06-01-2009, 10:04 PM
That is cute! I just wish it had room for my keys.

Yeah, that's the only complaint I have, too. What I usually do is clip my keys onto the wrist strap - there's a little toggle clip there - and just let them hang down. I haven't lost my keys yet, so that seems to be working for me so far. :)

Melaine
06-02-2009, 07:55 AM
I think I need to streamline my keys. I think I have too many on there....then maybe it would be ok to just hang on. That price is SUPER tempting though.

CiderLogan
06-09-2009, 03:23 PM
I bought a wristlet-wallet from etsy.com...it has a coin pocket, a bills pocket, 4 card pockets, and space in the middle for my iphone, lipgloss, and a pen. I usually just carry my keys, or they'd fit in there if I didn't have my phone in there too. I love how easily I can switch it from carrying it alone when I'm alone to tossing it inside the "diaper" bag (for me, the diaper bag is now the backup-panties-and-shorts bag, yay!, but I still end up carrying toys, water bottles and snacks).

dewfish
06-09-2009, 04:11 PM
I use a lesportsac daphne wallet and love it. It's slim, lightweight, has a detachable wrist strap, and holds a ton of stuff. It zips all the way around, so things are secure. I don't think they make that style any more, but they are on ebay. I also saw some at the outlet store in Orlando.

LBW
06-11-2009, 12:40 PM
I bought a wristlet-wallet from etsy.com...it has a coin pocket, a bills pocket, 4 card pockets, and space in the middle for my iphone, lipgloss, and a pen. I usually just carry my keys, or they'd fit in there if I didn't have my phone in there too. I love how easily I can switch it from carrying it alone when I'm alone to tossing it inside the "diaper" bag (for me, the diaper bag is now the backup-panties-and-shorts bag, yay!, but I still end up carrying toys, water bottles and snacks).

Which etsy seller did you get this from?

bunyvet
06-28-2009, 11:51 PM
The JJB Be Major is not small but it holds everything I need. I was using a Fanci-Free wallet which was pretty good but the Major is not that much bigger but i have in there a TON of cards, a lipstick and a chapstick, pen, checkbook, money and change, 2 pics of DS, a small key ring with all my mini store swipe cards, a place for recepits, my cell is in teh outer pocket (could also put a tampon in there or a pad in the main compartment but I carry another small bag for that).
I have pnly had mine a week but I love it already--
HTH,
Andrea

hellokitty
06-29-2009, 09:38 AM
I use a lesportsac daphne wallet and love it. It's slim, lightweight, has a detachable wrist strap, and holds a ton of stuff. It zips all the way around, so things are secure. I don't think they make that style any more, but they are on ebay. I also saw some at the outlet store in Orlando.

I forgot that I have one of these too. I got it for a good price at TJ Maxx last yr, I guess I will have to use it more often.

I also bought a Baekgaard wristlet that I just got last wk for 50% off at my Vera Bradley retailer. It's a smaller wallet, only has like 3 slots, BUT the cell phone slot is big enough to carry a PDA/smart phone styled phone. We're going to be upgrading our cell phones in a few months, and so I got this with the idea that it will accomodate the wider cell phones that are popular now.

ang79
07-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks for all the ideas! I ended up trying out the JJB BeMine again and this time I use a little three slot card holder to hold my cards in the pocket behind the ID window and put my cash in the inside zipper pocket and my cell phone in the back zipper pocket if I'm just using the BeMine alone. The phone is a tight squeeze but its not often that I'm out without some kind of diaper or mommy bag, so usually I put my cell phone in one of the bag pockets. I do like how it has enough room to fit a few feminine products, extra set of nursing pads, chapstick, pill box, etc. and that I can wear it cross body with the extender strap. I'm still tempted to try the BeMajor but I think the size will frustrate me, seems like it would take up too much space in my diaper bags. But I'm content with the BeMine now and am actually looking for one in a more summer color (bought a Lush Paisley one but not loving the bright green, so if anyone wants to try a BeMine out, let me know!)