PDA

View Full Version : My WDW day!

tnrnchick74
05-12-2009, 07:58 PM
We went Sat to WDW for the day (we are local) and it was the 1st trip for DS and DN. We got there at 9:30 and walked right onto the boat to go to the Magic Kingdom.

1st stop - the Barber shop on at Main street for DS's 1st haircut! There were 3 people in line ahead of us, so the wait was about 30 minutes. Rex did DS's haircut and BOY was he fast! Not in a bad way though...DS was REALLY wiggly! I got many locks of hair for saving, along with "Mickey dust", stickers, certificate, and 1st mouse ears! ALL FOR $14 + tip!!! Thanks to all who gave me encouragement to do this. It was TRULY a magical experience for me and DS!

We then "did" the park. MAKE SURE to get the time schedule for the day. We didn't and it was just pure luck that we happened upon the character signings. I did manage to to get Tigger and Pooh's picture with DS. My DN got LOTS of autographs and pictures!

I was amazed how many rides DS could go on! Pirates, Small World, Pooh's Adventures, Peter Pan, Snow White (I don't like this ride so we didn't go on this), and the Haunted Mansion! I was a little worried that DS would flip out in the Mansion, but he LAUGHED the entire time! He thought it was great! We even went on the teacups!

Lunch was at the taco place across from Pirates...it was pretty good. Dinner was at the Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland. We got the rotisserre chicken and it was SO greasy we could barely eat it! We really wanted to spend the $$$ and do dinner at cinderella's castle, but there was a miscommunication and my Mom thought I made reservations, and I thought my Aunt made reservations, so they were never made. By the time we realized it, it was too late.

DS, at 11 months old, did great! He doesn't have a problem napping in his stroller on the go - he seemed to fall asleep when there were rides he couldn't go on. Baby swap rocks! He enjoyed the parade at night, but the fireworks were too loud for him (I don't like the noises from the fireworks either though!)

We plan on going back after the summer...90+ weather and tons of people does NOT make for happy people!

Also, I used my Silver Cross Dazzle stroller - no problems, sunshade was great, easy to maneuver and fold. I saw a lot of Quinny Zapps & Buzzs, Bugaboos and lots of Gracos.

billysmommy
05-12-2009, 08:17 PM
It looks like you guys had a wonderful day!!!! He has the most beautiful eyes and looks like such a big boy with his new haircut :)

egoldber
05-12-2009, 08:55 PM
So cute!!!!!! And what a magical day!!!

tnrnchick74
05-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks! It truly was a great day! I'm SOOO glad I did the haircut! That was the highlight for me...he did so good and the guy who cut it didn't "scalp" him. The people behind us wanted to get their 8 month old a mohawk! Rex asked me what I wanted and I said LOUDLY a "traditional boy's haircut, not to short up front"...he then asked me if we were going to get rid of the curls in the back...YUP! I jsut can't imagine a better way to do a 1st haircut! Not too $$$$, a great experience, not a long wait, and DS had fun! I'm also glad it was a few weeks before his birthday party - gives me time to get used to it!

StantonHyde
05-12-2009, 11:59 PM
What a cute chunk o monk!!! And to think he is almost a year old! I remember when you started posting during your pg!!!

JTsMom
05-13-2009, 08:16 AM
I'm so glad you guys had fun! :) I can't believe how big he is now! You've got to try to go around early December- it is so nice with the cooler weather, the holiday decorations and the smaller crowds- blissful!

tnrnchick74
05-13-2009, 09:02 AM
What a cute chunk o monk!!! And to think he is almost a year old! I remember when you started posting during your pg!!!

I know! The time has flown by!!!

tnrnchick74
05-13-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm so glad you guys had fun! :) I can't believe how big he is now! You've got to try to go around early December- it is so nice with the cooler weather, the holiday decorations and the smaller crowds- blissful!

We usually do the theme parks around oct-feb when the temps aren't so hot and the crowds not so big. That's the beauty of living less than an hour away from all the madness!!!

Melbel
05-13-2009, 09:30 AM
Parker is absolutely adorable! We live in FL too and took DD1 for her first WDW trip at 10 months old with her big brother and sister in late March. She did great the entire time and absolutely loved all of the excitement and activity. We took her on Jungle Cruise (2x), It's a Small World, People Moover, Buzz Lightyear, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Magic Carpet Ride.

When DS and DD1 were into the characters, we would take the train to Toon Town first thing in the morning. In the big tent, there are lines for Micky, Minnie, Pooh characters and Princesses. By taking the train, you really beat the crowds to the back of the park and the kids get to ride the train rather than walk.