PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroller or not?

amarsh31
05-12-2009, 08:42 PM
I am due in August and have an 18 month old son right now. Lately he has been bucking stroller walks preferring to "walk" himself. Is it wise to buy a double stroller? If so, which one?

I desperately need suggestions/recommendations/comments!

TIA

Angela
Mom to Cameron 11/07 and ??? 8/09

arivecchi
05-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Why don't you wait until #2 is born to figure it out? You can use a single stroller for your toddler and a baby carrier for your newborn at first. Having said that, I adore my double stroller. It's nice to have a place to keep them both contained. I also like the stroller because my newborn can sleep comfortably in it while I do other things with my toddler. It's also great for diaper changes! I have a Baby Jogger City Classic Double that I was able to get for $375!

swissair81
05-14-2009, 01:29 PM
wait and see. i wear my newborns anyway & i have little reprieve until i have to decide what to do with the strollers.

WatchingThemGrow
05-14-2009, 03:14 PM
When I tried to wear my newborn and wrestle my bucking 18-21 mo old into a stroller (because sometimes they just NEED to be in it), I was praying that none of us would get hurt. It was not a pleasant event with a disagreeable, tired or hungry toddler and a sleep-deprived mother. You're going to need one EVENTUALLY, so why wait until you're in desperation mode to get something? I think people usually have doubles with air tires much longer than indoor strollers, so I figured that getting one of those would be my best bet.

We got a BJCity Elite Double that is fabulous from the newborn stage through much, much taller kids. I could not have survived that first year of having 2 kids close together without it.