PDA

View Full Version : For those who have bought from FurnitureLand South?

bw52
05-12-2009, 08:52 PM
I read somewhere that they don't take credit cards--you have to sign up for their's. Is that true?

I called today and their prices are really good, so I'm about to buy all our nursery furniture from them. I'm just nervous buying over the phone from a company so far away--that I have no experience with. Has everyone had positive experiences here? I guess I'm worried about the furniture arriving damaged and not being able to get it fixed. We'll be spending a large chunk of money. So those who have experience dealing with FLS, I'd love to hear your experience. Also, for those who have ordered over the phone, how did that go? I feel funny not having anything in writing. How should I do this?

Thanks!

bw52
05-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Anyone? I know people here have bought from there, b/c that's how I heard about them....

WatchingThemGrow
05-14-2009, 08:25 PM
Hey there- sorry I missed your initial post. hopefully some others will chime in.

We've done 3 bedrooms FULL of furniture from them - on 3 occasions. We didn't do credit cards as my generous ILs kindly gave us a check to deposit, so we paid them 1/3 for a deposit, then 2/3 on the day the stuff was delivered each time. At least I'm pretty sure that's how it worked.

We have had pieces that arrived damaged, and sometimes we refused (sounds so harsh) or sent them back on the truck. Sometimes we've kept the piece and allowed them to come back with replacement parts - like a drawer that had a crack. The top molding of DD's Contentment wardrobe had some kind of issue, so DH sent it back to be fixed. Another drawer in our bedroom stuck when pulling it out, so they paid for a furniture repair company to come out and work on the piece. Another time, a week later, I noticed stretch marks in the wood on the side of DDs bed. Stanley sent them a new board and they came out to install the new board. It was NEVER any trouble. Oh, and I thought our rug had too many pulls for me to be comfortable with. One call and they delivered another one right away. Really, they have been SO easy to deal with. It sounds like a lot of pieces have come messed up, but this is out of 22 pieces I can think of. Geez, I should write a couple more thank you notes to my ILs. I didn't realize it had been that many pieces...

You should be getting email correspondence from them - so give them your email address and they will send you the price quote/contract papers as attachments. That's how we've always done it, and it worked out well. I want to say we got the contract, printed it, signed it, scanned it, the sent it back to them via email.

What set did you end up deciding on and what pieces. I'm obviously addicted to going there and picking lots of stuff because their prices are sooooo good. I'm currently trying to figure out which Serenity bed(s) for DS1 and DS2 - and no, he isn't even here yet...

WatchingThemGrow
05-14-2009, 09:59 PM
I forgot one more cool thing... We wanted to purchase DD's bed early (because of the gift money), but we didn't have a place to store it. They kept it for up to a year if we paid for it, then delivered it when we needed it. I thought that was cool because the prices actually did go up during the 9 mos it was there.

Shayne
05-28-2009, 10:54 PM
I have purchased from FurnitureLand South a few years ago and I do remember that they do not take credit cards. Hope that helps!

juggler00
06-01-2009, 02:28 PM
We just made a purchase last week and were able to wire funds while we were on the phone with them. They do not take credit cards.

WatchingThemGrow
06-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Most ANY company that has a huge business will have complaints of some sort. We've had great experiences with FLS and will continue to do business with them. Some of the other large furniture stores in the area have gone bankrupt, with customers' money and furniture going into a black hole.

Welcome to the boards, Howard :) Sorry you had a bad experience. I don't think they actually stock any furniture for immediate pick up, except the Outlet items, where every furniture store gets rid of their former floor model pieces. Those pieces are intended to be used/abused by shopping customers.