PDA

View Full Version : iCandy Peach??

MamaBear
05-12-2009, 11:19 PM
I just saw this mentioned in another thread. Can it be used with a toddler seat and carrycot/bassinet simultaneously? Is iCandy available in continental Europe?

strollerqueen
05-13-2009, 12:25 AM
By September.

MamaBear
05-13-2009, 12:30 AM
Ooooh! We'll be in Germany in September!!

I've been thinking of a P&T Vibe, but this looks more to my liking.

strollerqueen
05-13-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm very excited about it. A good double is hard to find! :)

JdrKuhnert
05-15-2009, 03:19 AM
I am very excited to here it will be available in Europe. Number 3 wont arrive until October, so this may work. I was hesitant to order from England without trying out. I only hope it makes it here to Germany so that I can test it out.

WatchingThemGrow
05-15-2009, 06:24 AM
The BabyGizmo blog says the toddler seat will only be good up to 3 yo.
http://www.babygizmo.com/blogs/2008/09/icandy-luxury-strollers-to-us-in-2009/

pastrygirl
05-15-2009, 07:51 AM
Baby Gizmo is talking about the Pear. The Peach supposedly has bigger seats than the Pear. I can't wait to see that one!

MamaBear
05-15-2009, 12:16 PM
I am very excited to here it will be available in Europe. Number 3 wont arrive until October, so this may work. I was hesitant to order from England without trying out. I only hope it makes it here to Germany so that I can test it out.

Sorry to say, I've heard directly from iCandy that they don't have any retailers in Germany :cry: At this point, they are planning to sell them in Canada, and although they "... do have a number of interested parties all
over Canada" (from an email I just received), they don't have any firm arrangements.

ETA: I should have asked about elsewhere on the continent. From my ILs, it is an easy trip to the Netherlands, for instance. If we go back to Kiel (where we lived for a while) for a visit then it's just 45 minutes to Denmark. And so on.

JdrKuhnert
05-15-2009, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=MamaBear;2372620]Sorry to say, I've heard directly from iCandy that they don't have any retailers in Germany :cry: At this point, they are planning to sell them in Canada, and although they "... do have a number of interested parties all
over Canada" (from an email I just received), they don't have any firm arrangements.

Thanks for the info. I knew that it was too good to be true. I may have to bite the bullet and order it without trying it out. That could be tricky though. DH wasn't too pleased with the Valco with toddler seat I ordered for DS1 & DS2.

mrsjde
07-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Is there any update when the icandy peach will be avialable in the States?

MamaKath
07-09-2009, 01:04 AM
I knew that it was too good to be true. I may have to bite the bullet and order it without trying it out. That could be tricky though. DH wasn't too pleased with the Valco with toddler seat I ordered for DS1 & DS2.
Here is a discussion with lots of thoughts on the Pear and then further down the Peach. Sound great, especially for newborn twins.

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/458410-argh-pram-nightmare

They are an interesting design, I am looking forward to hearing how they work irl.

mrsjde
07-09-2009, 02:16 PM
I did see that-- I really hope that they cross the pond real soon!

jacksmoma
07-09-2009, 03:18 PM
wow- looks very cool. wonder if it's really heavy although can't be too much more than a bjccd! i bet the fold is a pita like the bugaboo tho :(

strollerqueen
07-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Maybe not. I have the Cherry and the fold is super easy. They are coming across the pond now, as we speak. So they should be up and selling within a couple of months. :applause: