PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroller Advice - 28 month old and newborn...Sit n Stand, Bob, Baby Jogger?

junebaby07
05-13-2009, 09:08 AM
We are expecting a new baby in Sept and are starting to think about double strollers. Our dd1 will be 28 months.

- Right now I use a contour all terrain stroller around our neighborhood (which has some uneven sidewalks due to old tree roots)
- Use a peg perego for mall, travel, etc
- Have a snap n go for the infant car seat
- My dd really doesn't like to ride in the stroller anymore and wouldn't ride in it much of the time we were at disney last week - but that might change when a sibling arrives
- I'd like the double stroller to be able to accomodate a graco snugride carseat

I am considering

- A Sit N Stand (Is the Joovy Caboose the way to go for that?)
- A Bob Dualie (Several neighbors have that but the age difference in their children is smaller - more like 23 months instead of 28 months)
- Possibly a Baby Jogger Double (maybe a city series mini)

arivecchi
05-13-2009, 10:43 AM
I am a Baby Jogger lover. I love the huge separate canopies and the super tall seats. My kids are 29 months and 3 months and our BJCCD has been perfect. We use that one double for everything and just use a single stroller and a baby carrier (I just got the Ergo) if we are going somewhere where a double would be a tight fit. If you have uneven sidewalks and want to take your stroller on grass, etc., I would get one with air tires. You can get some BJCCD and BJCED 08 models for close to the price of an 09 BJCMD. You can buy an adapter for a snugride, but I didn't even bother with that. I just got a Snuzzler and used that right on the seat (totally reclined). Good luck with your search!