PDA

View Full Version : Goals for the week of 5/11-5/17

newmomm
05-13-2009, 10:14 AM
Last week all I did was the c25k program for 3 days. (I did finish w5 with a 20 minute run :cheerleader1:) I didn't exercise any other day...

My exercise goals for this week are trying to do some sort of strength training 2-3 days a week. I borrowed some dvd's from the library that I'm going to try this afternoon. I'm also continuing with c25k, in the middle of week 6 now...

I started keeping a food journal last week and that helps keeping me accountable with what I eat.

Liz, good luck with the 20 minute run this week!

Clare

SnuggleBuggles
05-16-2009, 09:44 AM
I signed up for a fitness challenge at my gym. Every time you exercise you get your card signed that says you were there and in a few weeks everyone gets a prize. I wish there were some competition aspect to it but it's really just designed to make you get your butt to the gym. My last gym did an indoor "triathalon" over the course of 2 months. In 2 months you had to do the Ironman equivalents in swimming, biking and running. I knocked that bad boy out in no time at all and won for my age category. I loved it! It was a great motivator.

I made it to the gym Mon., Wed., and Thurs. so far and ran 2 miles on Thurs. but 3.5 on Mon. and Wed.. I did weights some of those days too. Oh, and I did part of a Zumba class till the lady in front of me got too annoying (she kept missing steps and totally being in my way and I had no where else to move to). Yesterday I had to get caught up on errands so I skipped the gym. Come night time I felt guilty so I took the baby out for a 40 minute power walk followed by some Wii Fit yoga.

I swear I am eating less and I know I am exercising harder but the scale isn't budging. In fact, it seems to be going up. But, I will press on because it is the only thing that will help. Plus, I really enjoy a good workout!

Beth