PDA

View Full Version : Something Old, Something New...

elizabethkott
05-13-2009, 12:25 PM
My friend's wedding is Saturday. There are four of us bridesmaids who are friends from high school with the bride. One had the idea to do the "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" thing for the bride from the four of us. We've already got old (a family piece of jewlery), new (bracelet) and blue (underwear) taken care of (and the sixpence for the shoe), but we're having trouble with the "borrowed".
Oh wise women of the BBB, send me your "borrowed" ideas!
Something that can travel down the aisle with the bride, even pinned or attached in the hem! Any ideas on what could be specifically "from" high school?
TIA!

billysmommy
05-13-2009, 12:32 PM
What about a "borrowed" small picture of all of you pinned inside the hem of her dress? Or if you were all into the jelly bracelets or something similar ~ that might be a fun reminder of your friendship :)

SM23Mama21
05-13-2009, 01:45 PM
I borrowed a ring for my wedding. Does one of you have a class ring that she could wear or pin on?

DietCokeLover
05-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Does anyone still have their tassle from their graduation cap you could pin to her?

elizabethkott
05-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Oooooh! The tassle! I might have one of those!!! Great idea!

AngelaS
05-13-2009, 05:11 PM
I borrowed my grandma's diamond pendant to wear.

zag95
05-13-2009, 07:50 PM
what about borrowing a garter? Or a hankie pinned under the petticoat or uinder the dress? Maybe some hair "gems" or pearls or ??

luvmypeanut
05-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Those beaded friendship pins for the shoelace pinned to the hem of the dress? I was a nerd and only had two. V sad.

ccather
05-13-2009, 08:59 PM
The tassel is an awesome idea! We had class pins in high scool. What about a letter as in from a letterman's jacket, something photocopied from the yearbook.

I love the spin on high school things since that's how you know each other!

hellokitty
05-13-2009, 10:12 PM
I, "borrowed" one of my bridesmaids' scents. I forgot my perfume and used her's... Victoria Secret Amber Romance. I still love the scent of it, it reminds me of my wedding and of my friend too! I'll be standing for her wedding in Sept.