PDA

View Full Version : What swing should I get?

boringmember
05-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Everyone says to get a swing that goes front to back and side to side. If I do that, is Fisher Price my only option? Also, how important is that? Thanks in advance!

vball4all
05-13-2009, 04:22 PM
My twins did just fine in travel swings that went forward and backward. Both of my travel swings were FP and we loved them! But, I know there are a lot of folks who use the cradle swings (that also go side to side)...but I can't help you there.

I did try out a "glider" when my kids were 1 month old - it moved so slow and did nothing to soothe my kids - so I took it back. But, it moved in all directions. A co-worker of mine recommended the glider because one of her kids loved it. So - it varies depending on your child.

zag95
05-13-2009, 08:43 PM
We had the fisher price swing that goes side to side and front to back (the Rainforest model) Our DD loved it- the best thing about it was THAT IT PLUGGED IN!!! That's right! We could use batteries or plug it in.... which I would highly recommend!

GL!

WatchingThemGrow
05-13-2009, 09:42 PM
After trying out a Graco at home and hearing a motor that sounded wretched, we returned it and came home with a FP, which has been great.

GraceH
05-13-2009, 09:46 PM
I loved our Graco snugGlider swing frame... it does not take up a lot of room, folds flat for travel/storage/hiding -- it really didn't use batteries quickly and was an affordable choice that paired perfectly with our snugRide32 car seat -- you really don't use a swing for very long in the big picture...

Tondi G
05-14-2009, 12:35 AM
I had a regular front to back graco swing and neither of my kids really liked the swing. Everyone I know who has had a FP cradle swing has kids who LOVED the swing! If we have another child I know I will be buying a FP swing. The other option is the Graco Sweetpeace.

boringmember
05-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Thanks everyone!