PDA

View Full Version : Used BOB double...questions about function, recline, & cost

srhs
05-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Well, we need a double, and DH has recently started saying he'd like to have a jogger. (I know newborns can't jog.)
Am I CRAZY to think this could be a 2-birds thing?

He could just jog with DS1 in it and then it reclines enough for just strolling with both, right? Can you jog with one or is that too hard to push?

There's a 4yo BOB double on my c/l. What's a good price range for that? Looking at the site, the photo looks closest to the "Sport Utility"; are those that old?

I'm clueluess.:confused: Feel free to lol at me.

Carrots
05-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Hmm. There is a double on my CL for $225. It doesn't give a year. That seems pretty cheap since the BOB singles listed are priced at $250.00.

*Edit to say I just found 2 more BOB doubles on my CL for $300*

srhs
05-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks Carrots!
I'm bumping :BUMP:and changing my title because I have questions about more than just cost. What about the running with just 1 in it thing? And the recline for the newborn for strolling?
A BILLION THANKS!

Oh, and seller did confirm it's a Sport Utility.

WatchingThemGrow
05-21-2009, 06:10 PM
I think the recline on the older ones (before 06) are more in the 6 month range, but you should call their customer service to find out for sure. Maybe get the serial number off the stroller if it isn't gone already...

I think I remember something about the carseat adapter working with 06 and newer models.
And...with DC as close as yours, (like mine) you're really going to be happier (IMO) with a swivel front wheel that you can use all the time.

bubbaray
05-21-2009, 06:15 PM
The BOBs only had a "full" recline (which, IMO, is not full at all) starting in the 2007 model year. If the stroller is older than that, it will have a miniscule recline.

I don't like the BOB recline for a small baby, even on the newer models. JMHO. I think that that BJ and MB's have better reclines.