PDA

View Full Version : All out of ideas for Father's Day gift...Anyone?

HIU8
05-13-2009, 03:22 PM
I have no idea what to get DH for father's day. I'm not one for the daddy pics. I was thinking of a digital photo frame for his office. However, I'm not feeling the love for anything right now (probably b/c DH and I had a huge fight on mother's day evening and things are really not resolved yet). Any ideas other than a digital photo frame? DH is not handy at all so one of the make your life easier tools is a waste for him. I'm so not in the mood to give DH the gift of free time sans kids or me right now either. HELP. I always wait until the last minute and the kids are starting to ask what we should get/do for him.

SnuggleBuggles
05-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Go with a hammock. That was a hit with my dh a few years back. It has brought lots of happiness over the years.

Maybe a family outing to a baseball game or something?

Beth

srhs
05-13-2009, 03:25 PM
I seem to always suggest this on threads, but is your DH a sports fan?
They have NCAA and majors teams' kids' books:
http://www.mascotbooks.com/
Lots of sites/stores carry them.
DH really enjoys reading them to DS, and I think they're so cute from the kids. They can bond over DH's alma mater, favorite team, etc.

HIU8
05-13-2009, 03:29 PM
My entire life and my entire house is either Steelers or Penn State 24/7 12 months a year. That is a great idea.

Clarity
05-13-2009, 04:42 PM
This year I pretty much told my husband that we shouldn't do gifts on MD or FD except for gifts made by and from the kids. The DADDY pictures would qualify as would the daddy book idea that was tossed about here a few years ago. Crafts count, homemade cards, handpicked flowers, that type of thing. I feel really good about my decision right now...I hope I don't regret it in a few years when I really, really want something for MD! :)

Jen841
05-13-2009, 04:48 PM
A good picture of the boys and I ... so to Picture People we went with a coupon in hand.

The Mascot books are good. We have the Cubs and Steelers ones found them at TJMaxx/Marshalls. They have a Penn State too! My kids noted they recycle the graphics a bit, can't get anything by them.

We do the Daddy picture via the cheater method... I add the letters via my photo software to favorite pictures and print them rather than buying the letters. I make the pictures B&W and add colored letters. Threw them all onto one print and made a mug of them one year. He still gets compliments from his co-workers...hmmm... that is a few years old, maybe time for a new one.

For Valentine's Day DH got a Picture People print of the boys in their Steeler Gear, it was so cute. Grandpas got them too. Can you tell we are big fans?

jenmcadams
05-13-2009, 06:48 PM
We just got my daughter's soccer team these aluminum water bottles with their team picture and their names on them...shipping was a little steep, but the quality seems awesome:

http://www.framemyphotos.com/photo_gifts/aluminum-water-bottle.html

The company was super easy to work with too. I'm thinking about doing a coffee mug from these guys for the grandpas for Father's Day

cdlamis
05-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Does your DH drink beer? My favorite fun gift to give DH (usually for Valentine's Day usually) is the make-your-own 6 pack of beer at Cost Plus World Market. They have some neat, unique beers. I know nothing about beer but they have an awesome liquor staff that can help you put together a fun 6-pack. Each bottle was about $1-3 each.
DH loves this gift every year!

maestramommy
05-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Well, this may sound kinda hackneyed, but on the odd occasion I have given Dh flowers, and had them delivered to his office. He's always liked that because it's rather unexpected, and just a nice little pickmeup during the stress of work.