PDA

View Full Version : Please sweet baby, go to sleep...

gatorsmom
05-13-2009, 11:31 PM
I nearly always know what to do when Greenbean can't get to sleep. He loves to be walked, even at 18 months. It only happens about once per month that he cant' get to sleep on his own after I put him in his crib. so, I go in his room and walk back and forth with him til he lays his little head down and then i lay him in his crib. But tonight, for the first time, he is having trouble. I tried walking with him- he just wanted to get down and run. I played with him a little (it's 10:26pm here and way past his bedtime). He came downstairs to talk to DH a alittle. And I changed his jammies in case he was hot (and then Sisi woke up and I had to change hers too. Can't be left out. ;)). Then I put him in his crib with all his favorite stuff. But nope. I hear him up there screaming and throwing things from his crib. Even a dose of Tylenol isn't helping. I thought if he was wound up and over tired that a good little dose of crying would help but it's not. So, I'm going to have to go up there and try to walk him again. I'm so tired and did i mention he weighs 22 lbs now?

Oh, well, one day I'll look back fondly at this moment....

o_mom
05-13-2009, 11:43 PM
I feel for you! DS3 is like that... he has to have his goodnight hugs every night - he says "Mommy, I hold you" and it is so sweet. But at the same time I'm thinking "Dude, you weigh about 1000 lbs right now, I'm tired, it's been a long day, Daddy isn't here to help and I can hear your brothers tearing their room apart and NOT getting ready for bed while I'm in here walking you around"

Hopefully the crying wore him out and one more round will put him down. :)

mamaoftwins
05-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Lisa, I could have written your post about Monkey. Really - we did the SAME thing last night. :hug: And why is is that being up late/multiple wakings does not help the boy to sleep any later in the morning??? The guys were up at 5a. Ugh. Is it naptime yet? ;)

Hope you and GB got some sleep!

gatorsmom
05-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Hope you and GB got some sleep!

I was sitting on the ground against GB's crib nodding off (while GB happily climbed on me) when DH came in and said, "go to bed, I'll take care of this." My hero.:love2: As soon as my head hit the pillow, I didn't hear another thing.

I think we figured it out, though. GB has a canine tooth (is it called incisor? can't remember...) coming in and it hasn't poked through yet but it is pressing so hard it's turning the skin white. That's got to be it.

JTsMom
05-14-2009, 06:28 PM
I was sitting on the ground against GB's crib nodding off (while GB happily climbed on me) when DH came in and said, "go to bed, I'll take care of this." My hero.:love2: As soon as my head hit the pillow, I didn't hear another thing.

I think we figured it out, though. GB has a canine tooth (is it called incisor? can't remember...) coming in and it hasn't poked through yet but it is pressing so hard it's turning the skin white. That's got to be it.

Ugh, those teeth are the worst!!! I remember those nights. Poor baby and poor mama. :(

mamaoftwins
05-14-2009, 10:00 PM

Yes, yes, guessing the same thing here. The boys (BOTH of them!) cannot keep their hands out of their mouths. (more than usual)