PDA

View Full Version : Any Lost fans here?

Nechums
05-14-2009, 07:05 AM
I'm trying to figure out how I can be so happy about that amazing season finale and yet so sad that the season is over...and even sadder to know that there's only one season left. :cry:

I love that show so much that when I wake up on Wednesday mornings I get all giddy like a schoolgirl!

Anyone else out there in the same sad state?

Maybe we can form a support group to get us through the next 8 months!

billysmommy
05-14-2009, 07:25 AM
Me!!!! :)

This was a great season and I loved last night's episode!!! DH and I were talking about how hard it's going to be to wait until next season. We're going to start from the beginning and watch all the episodes again and try to time it to end right before the next season starts. I can't wait to find out how everything turns out but don't want it to end!!!

I am absolutely in love with Sawyer!!!

annasmom
05-14-2009, 08:02 AM
When the t.v. flashed that "2010" I was so sad! It is the only show I watch. It is going to be a looong wait.

I was thinking that it would be fun to watch all the seasons again in the meantime too. I don't think I ever saw all of the first season. Unfortunately, my dh hates Lost. Bah!

mjmamma
05-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Who is that Jacob, lol? I also love it and recommend going to ew.com (entertainment weekly) and signing up for the Lost recap by Doc Jensen. He does a great overview, though sometimes a bit wordy, with excellent insight. It really puts it together for me. Last night's episodes recap will be out later today.

I was so upset at the Juliet/Sawyer scene. So many classic lines last night but I loved when Jacob said to Ben, "What about you?" You could see the sting in Ben's eyes (good!). And..I think that eyeliner looks good on some men (Richard) :)

Twoboos
05-14-2009, 08:42 AM
My mind is blown from last night. I made sure DH did not delete it from the DVR b/c I want to watch again!! Even DH said the Sawyer/Juliet scene was brutal.

I thought the whole show was GREAT!! I am happy and sad that it will be over next year - I will get answers, but then no more Lost!!

(Took me about 1/3 of the show but Jacob is the guy that plays Dexter's girlfriend's ex, if you watch Dexter.)

Anyone want to guess what next season will be?? I think they will end up landing in LA, and then we'll see how their lives come together anyways - as Jack said, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. (Would be killer if Kate ended up w/Sawyer instead of Jack as Jack hopes.)

Another good reference for all the reader comments (these people think WAAAAY too much about Lost!) is www.thelostdiary.com.

mjmamma
05-14-2009, 08:45 AM
YES! That's who he is...he looked so familiar! Good looking out!

You just gave me ~chills~ by saying that they'd be landing in LA....exciting!

Nechums
05-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Anyone want to guess what next season will be?? I think they will end up landing in LA, and then we'll see how their lives come together anyways - as Jack said, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. (Would be killer if Kate ended up w/Sawyer instead of Jack as Jack hopes.)

I was thinking this too. And I'm also considering rewatching the first 4 seasons. When we started watching, we didn't understand the beauty and intelligence of the show -- we just thought it was another Gilligan's Island. But now I think I can appreciate the first couple of seasons so much more.

Favorite line ever is when Sawyer asks Sayid how he's doing and Sayid answers: "A 12-year-old Ben Linus brought me chicken-salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"

Beckylove
05-14-2009, 09:49 AM
Oh Lost. I love that show. I think I'm still trying to pick pieces of my brain off the floor because last night, my mind was blown.

I need Doc Jensen's recap because I want another opinion on all the questions running through my head. Is Jacob evil or good? Is zombie-Locke the embodiment of evil? I though Jacob might be "g-d" but he was there at some of the worst moments of people's lives and seemed to nudge them in a way that made them worse people. Maybe Lost is toying with the idea that we are better when "g-d" is dead. But we will see their result in season 6 when "anti-g-d" zombie-locke is in charge. Yikes. Or maybe my mind is jumping places that don't make sense.

It is going to be a looonnnnggg wait till January 2010.

LarsMal
05-14-2009, 10:53 AM
I just sat staring at the TV for a few minutes after the show ended last night. I wanted to shout- SAY WHAAAT?!?! I'm sad there's only one season left, but I'm also ready for the answers.

I will be so disappointed if the show really does end with the plane landing safely in LA and all of them going on their way. That would SUCK!

Oh...and I'm a big Doc Jensen fan, too. I can't read his column before the show because it makes my brain hurt, but I love Totally Lost and his recaps.

Twoboos
05-14-2009, 11:53 AM
By the way, forgot to ask. Who is the other guy that was with Jacob in the very beginning of the show (on the beach, looking at the boat which I'm guessing is the Black Rock)? He said he wanted to kill him and was looking for a loophole. He's probably the thing/being/what-have-you that embodied Locke.

This could be God & Devil??? I *think* one was dressed all white, the other all black? But that's probably too obvious. And it puts me back on "the island is purgatory" track, which the producers have said since Season 1 it is NOT.

Oh how I love Lost.

strollerqueen
05-14-2009, 02:15 PM
I thought Jacob was the force of good; except, he distracted Sayid so the car killed Nadia. That one scene didn't fit in with all the rest of his good deeds. And I am MAD that they killed off yet ANOTHER girl! I figured it would be a girl. They always kill the girls, and the prettier the better--Naomi, Charlotte, Shannon, Libbe, Anna Lucia, Rousseau, Alex, Nadia, possibly Clare, and now Juliet...who's left? Just Kate and Sun, and the new girl Ilana? Wonder if Carlton and Damon were rejected much at their school dances?

strollerqueen
05-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Oh, and I was laughing this morning as I took my children to school, thinking of last week's funny line. Pierre Chang: "Who's the president of the United States (in 1977) ? Hurley: "Alright Dude.( I give up.) We're from the future." LOL!

billysmommy
05-14-2009, 02:28 PM
I thought Jacob was the force of good; except, he distracted Sayid so the car killed Nadia. That one scene didn't fit in with all the rest of his good deeds.

I think the driver was trying to kill both of them and because Jacob distracted Sayid only Nadia was killed. I remember from a previous episode Sayid saying his wife was killed by someone hired by Whidmore and this was how Ben got Sayid to help kill those associated with Whidmore (to avenge his wife's death).

strollerqueen
05-14-2009, 02:41 PM
I think the driver was trying to kill both of them and because Jacob distracted Sayid only Nadia was killed. I remember from a previous episode Sayid saying his wife was killed by someone hired by Whidmore and this was how Ben got Sayid to help kill those associated with Whidmore (to avenge his wife's death).

Hadn't thought of that. But I thought Ben actually hired someone to kill her, and lied as usual, so Sayid would have no reason not to go back to the island.

veronica
05-14-2009, 02:42 PM
I thought Jacob was the force of good; except, he distracted Sayid so the car killed Nadia. That one scene didn't fit in with all the rest of his good deeds. And I am MAD that they killed off yet ANOTHER girl! I figured it would be a girl. They always kill the girls, and the prettier the better--Naomi, Charlotte, Shannon, Libbe, Anna Lucia, possibly Clare, and now Juliet...who's left? Just Kate and Sun, and the new girl Ilana? Wonder if Carlton and Damon were rejected much at their school dances?

But-is Juliette really dead????? The screen went blank, not necessarily an explosion..... I kind of hope Sawyer and Juliet remain together and Kate and Jack. I like Kate and Jack better.

I bet this is all a dream in Christians drunk state while he is on a plane from Australia......

billysmommy
05-14-2009, 02:58 PM
DH thinks it was the island jumped again instead of the explosion.

I don't know but I really want Juliet to be alive

billysmommy
05-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Hadn't thought of that. But I thought Ben actually hired someone to kill her, and lied as usual, so Sayid would have no reason not to go back to the island.

True ~ if it's something Ben said who knows what the truth is...lol It will be interesting to see how everything turns out

Emmas Mom
05-14-2009, 03:44 PM
This show makes my brain hurt but I love it. I think that Locke is actually dead & the Locke we were seeing is really the guy from the beginning of the show who told Jacob he wanted to kill him. Jacob told "Locke" at the end that he found a loophole & I assume that means he found a way to kill Jacob. It really seemed a Christ/Devil thing to me but with this show....who knows. I also thought the island jumped & the bomb didn't go off but I was watching it with captions on (DH & I get more things out of shows that way. lol) and it did indicate on the captions that there was an explosion. But I don't make any real assumptions with this show! I can't believe they're going to make us wait until next year!!

strollerqueen
05-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Yes, I definitely think one is the force of light, and one is the force of darkness. So it's the "war" of epic proportion that Widmore referred to. I also think one believes in destiny, and the other in free will. Which is what Jacob said before Ben killed him "You have a choice." Elizabeth Mitchell has a lead role in "V" next season. So I fear Juliet went kabloom!

billysmommy
05-14-2009, 04:30 PM
I read these posts on the ew.com site this morning and thought they were interesting.

colleen Thu, May 14, 2009 at 08:04 AM EST
In the opening scene, Jacob and the other being (who I will name Esau and you'll see why in a minute) are on a very old island with the black rock ship. They are almost like "Q" characters from old Star Trek "Enterprise" testing humanity and Jacob keeps bringing humanity to the island to test them to see if they will make the right CHOICES (like Ben in the final scene). ESAU - is a devil character-finding loopholes to kill Jacob. He makes it clear in the opening scene he wants to kill Jacob. In the Bible, Esau KILLS Jacob his brother by STEALING his birthright and IMPERSONATING Jacob - like LOST'S Esau did with John Locke's body. (Remember - Dead is Dead). I believe he ("Esau") is any "ghost" we've seen - and he is NOT smokey - cuz smokey told Ben to obey Locke "Esau" at all costs - this was news to Esau and he was relieved he didn't have to convince Ben to kill him. Both Esau and Smokey are evil and fighting against Jacob and want his birthright - Protector/Lord of the Island - Jacob is pure and represents good throughout the episode. Jump to Final scene - Jacob says, "they're coming", this rocks Esau as he knows Julia and the Oceanic 6 are trying to re-do time. Awesome ep! Many ?? answered. BRAVO!

A020 Thu, May 14, 2009 at 08:03 AM EST
I was thinking about the importance of Aaron. Maybe Claire represents the virgin Mary (images of her in Charlies dream). Which would make Aaron a Jesus figure, or possibly the only person who can stop the evil assuming Jacob is dead. Wouldn't that be amazing if Aaron is the one to save everyone in the future.

jon Thu, May 14, 2009 at 08:03 AM EST
Thought on the “Loophole” mentioned in the ep. Maybe only the leader of the Others can ever meet with Jacob, and someone has to kill him under their own free will. So Esau steals Locke’s identity, fooling Richard into granting his request to meet with Jacob. Then he convinces Ben to kill Jacob. Plausible? And if this is the case, then Widmore and Hawking are on the side of Esau since they are the ones who manipulated Locke into finding the Oceanic 6 and Ben into bringing Locke’s body back to the island (since Esau needs the body on the island in order to steal the identity). Another instance of Locke being a pawn at other people’s expense.

Tammy
05-15-2009, 09:49 PM
I love Lost! It's the only show left that I religiously watch every week. From week to week you just don't know what's going to happen and it keeps you guessing constantly. Sucks it only has one more season and we have to wait so long for it.

I like so many characters, but Hurley cracks me up!

Happy 2B mommy
05-16-2009, 02:40 AM
Lori (Billysmommy) Thanks for the posts! I love to be kept guessing with the show, so I tend to keep away from LOST forums (my cousin gets all the spoilers, and I hate that). DH and I saw a lot of the good/evil war and Biblical references in the last ep, so it's nice to know that we aren't alone in that line of thinking.

I also think that Aaron is key. I remember how freaked out the psychic was that Claire visited when she was preggo and trying to figure out what to do with the baby. He saw Aaron as potential for great evil, but also for great good. That was why he insisted Claire be on flight 815.

billysmommy
05-16-2009, 08:32 AM
I also think that Aaron is key. I remember how freaked out the psychic was that Claire visited when she was preggo and trying to figure out what to do with the baby. He saw Aaron as potential for great evil, but also for great good. That was why he insisted Claire be on flight 815.

I'd forgotten all about the psychic!!! Now I really want to go back and watch all the episodes over again and see what else we pick up on.

DH and I were talking about it last night and we looked up to see if they said who Aaron's father was. Claire had a boyfriend Thomas at the time who she said was Aaron's father ~
I think that he looks like he could be a young Ben or Jacob ~ interesting to see how it turns out!!!
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/loricaddoo/Thomas.jpg

Here's the link to the pic ~ http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/File:Thomas.jpg

Twoboos
05-16-2009, 08:38 AM
I think that he looks like he could be a young Ben or Jacob ~ interesting to see how it turns out!!!
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/loricaddoo/Thomas.jpg

Here's the link to the pic ~ http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/File:Thomas.jpg

OMG, no no no, my head would absolutely EXPLODE if this was the case!!!

(Side note - Sometimes I really miss the days of being able to watch the whole season again over the summer - I'd still be tuning into Lost each Wed night!)

justincase
05-16-2009, 09:27 AM
DH and I were talking about it last night and we looked up to see if they said who Aaron's father was. Claire had a boyfriend Thomas at the time who she said was Aaron's father ~
I think that he looks like he could be a young Ben or Jacob ~ interesting to see how it turns out!!! Here's the link to the pic ~ http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/File:Thomas.jpg
I had totally forgotten about Thomas. Oh my gosh he looks just like Ben!! Thanks for the photo.

cpapay
05-16-2009, 09:53 AM
If you can't get enough Lost you may want to check out

http://www.jayandjack.com/

I've listened to their postcast since Season 2.....lots of good theories and fun to listen to.

carrie