PDA

View Full Version : Help me understand Ultimate crib sheets, please!

bw52
05-14-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm not sure I understand them right. It seems like they go on top of a fitted sheet. And the point is that they unzip for easy changing? Well, is the fitted mattress part of the UCS, then? Or is it a separate fitted I sheet
I buy? And we will never actually see this fitted sheet, right? (if the UCS is on top always).

And are all UCS the same? I looked on amazon (just to see what they are) and it looks like there are a few different brands and some are called Quick Zip sheets. Are these all the same thing and just as good?

So in my crib I would put mattress, waterproof pad, fitted sheet (not sure if I buy this separate), and then UCS? Is that right?

TIA!

zag95
05-14-2009, 06:42 PM
I would say the the UCS is more like a crib pad- it has a sheet-like top, and is backed so that fluids don't leak through (like with heavy gauge vinyl?). I have mine over the top of a fitted sheet. My ult crib sheet has elastics that go around the crib rails and snap, holding it in place. I have a mattress pad, then a fitted sheet, and then the UCS(overkill I know! :) . My UCS is white- and you can see the regular crib sheet from the side. I have seen colored UCS's on the Target website, but have only seen them in white at BRU.

I like having it because it there is an accident in the night, I can just unsnap it -whala.... the bed is clean! And it's also good for airing out baby's bum for diaper rash!

I think the Quick zip is a totally different product.

gatorsmom
05-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Quick zip sheets and Ultimate Crib sheets are 2 different products. I don't know how the Quick Zip sheets work although I hear others here rave about them. I have used the Ultimate Crib sheet for the past 6 years. Maybe others use them differently, but I lay them ON TOP of a fitted sheet that goes directly over the mattress. The main purpose of the fitted sheet, then, is just to look nice and cover the mattress. LOL. THe Ultimate Crib Sheet (UCS) does all the work. It sits on top of the fitted sheet, has 8 elastic straps with snaps on them that you loop around the crib slats and snap into place. They have a cotton layer on top and are water proof. So, when baby makes a mess in the crib, you can unsnap the elastics, pick up the UCS, lay a clean one in its place, snap the elastics straps to secure it and never have to remove the fitted crib sheet. This is handy when baby has made a particularly big or runny mess. It's also easy to put the UCS back on because you don't have to move the mattress messing up the dust ruffle, if you use one.

Anyway, that's how you use an UCS. I have no idea how the Quick Zip is used but someon here can probably chime in. Or you could do a search.

hth.

bw52
05-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Thanks! I think I understand them better now. But now I'm wondering if they would even work with the crib I'm getting. If they attach to the slats, it seems like the crib would have to have slats on all sides. We're getting a convertible crib, so the back is a solid piece. This one:

http://www.youngamerica.com/product/135409/3269400320/_/isabella%26%23160%3B%3Cbr%3Ebuilt_to_grow_crib/Collection/isabella

Am I correct in assuming UCS won't really work with this kind of crib, b/c I won't be able to attach it to the back of the crib?

daisymommy
05-15-2009, 09:46 AM
You are correct. It would be totally loose all along one side, and baby could get trapped underneath it. Sorry!