PDA

View Full Version : I know this has been asked but BD present for 2 year old boy

veronica
05-14-2009, 10:51 AM
from his cool uncle (my brother). he asked that i send some suggestions and I have some but not sure if they are too appropriate.....

I am thinking:
plasmacar (but I have the radioflyer light and sounds trike that I got for $20 so I don't know if this will be a duplicate)
magnatiles (would love these - but might be a bit too expensive and I may ask my bro to do these for the holidays for both DD and DS)

So, what else is good? He pretty much plays with anything and doesn't have a go to type of favorite stuff. I have brio train stuff that I am giving him so no more train stuff.

what about early playmobil? is he too young?

Geez, I am so confused....

DH already had us get an outdoor sports thing for him so I haven't really though of anything else for others to get......

billysmommy
05-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Both our Ds's really got into Duplo's (the big Legos) at 2 ~ they have some really cute Thomas, dinosaur, fire, police, zoo and truck sets.

DS2 just picked out the gas truck one for his birthday this year ~ http://duplo.lego.com/en-us/products/tank+truck/5605.aspx

maydaymommy
05-14-2009, 11:14 AM
These are some of the things that have been a big hit from ds's 2nd bday, which was a few weeks ago:

Woody Click - Construction set.
** I LOVE this Woody Click stuff! It is like playmobile, in that it is from Germany, and has little people and trucks, etc, but it is wooden and more basic, less pieces than playmobile.

Plan Toys - Garage and more construction trucks. The pieces are quite small, but ds is fine with them and loves this stuff, too.

Duplo - got some sets and picked up a little table on ebay, it is shaped like a b'fast in bed tray, with storage on each side of it

Sand & Water table

My First RC - we got the remote control bus, there are others, lots of fun.

ett
05-14-2009, 11:20 AM
How about books and puzzles? DS2 turned 2 a couple of months ago and is really getting into jigsaw puzzles. We have some 4 piece and 9 piece puzzles that he can do with minimal help.

Here are the toys DS2 plays with regularly:
train set
pretend food/kitchen
duplos, magnatiles, unit blocks
puzzles
small cars/trucks
small plastic/wooden animals

KrisM
05-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Large floor puzzles?

Cozy Coupe?

klwa
05-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Plasmacar would probably be a good thing to get. Yes, it's an outdoor ride on, like a trike, but you use a different skill set. DS could play with his "car" that my parents sent to our house MUCH earlier than he could pedal his own trike. And he takes both out at different times. Of course, we're nuts in that we also have a pedal "tractor" from his other grandparents, but all of them get used, like I said, at different time, depending on DS's mood. And _I_ can play on the plasmacar when DS is busy with other toys.... :)