PDA

View Full Version : Rsvp by....

fortato
05-14-2009, 03:44 PM
If I put a date there, that means to RSVP by that date... don't call me the day before the party to say you are coming. I will not have a favor for your children, and I will not guarantee you any cake. But I can guarantee that you will not be invited next year.

My cousin did this for our Christmas party, Easter and now Jack's party. It's not like they didn't know it was coming. They mentioned it at Easter... But I never got an RSVP from them, and they still haven't called. And it's not like we haven't asked. We just always got a "We'll let you know" or "Um... I'm not sure".

But they always come. I'm not inviting them next year.

Wife_and_mommy
05-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeah, really rude.

OTOH, I'm always on my family for being late for parties. This year I planned their tardiness into my schedule and everyone decides to show up on time. They arrive to my hair standing on end as I work on it with my flatiron. Lovely impression on my still-new SIL.:hysterical: I couldn't even complain. After all, they were on time....

elliput
05-14-2009, 04:16 PM
But they always come. I'm not inviting them next year.

They'll probably still show up, because they called someone else who they know was invited to find out the party time as their invite was obviously lost in the mail.

MamaMolly
05-14-2009, 04:30 PM
They'll probably still show up, because they called someone else who they know was invited to find out the party time as their invite was obviously lost in the mail.

:yeahthat: hate to say it but that was my first thought, too.

newg
05-14-2009, 04:50 PM
...on the other end of that....don't cha love the ones who do rsvp and then never show and never call to say why.......I could understand someone getting sick, or family emergency.....but to never show and never call to appologize...........
we had our wedding reception on a boat...specific number to seats and dinner plates.....you say you're coming..we pay for your seat and dinner and then you don't show.......mine as well flush some money down the toilet....
I feel your pain!!

vahnessuh
05-14-2009, 07:06 PM
I hate this whole RSVP thing... this is definitely one of my pet peeves. How hard is it to take 10 seconds of your time to fire off a "We'll be there" email or text? But noooo... they still don't do it.

I blew my top when about 20 people RSVPd yes to my wedding but didn't show up! Talk about money down the drain. Hello, people?! I could use that money to save up for a house downpayment, you know?

fortato
05-14-2009, 09:34 PM
It's not like they even have to call me... we put my email address on the invite...so they could shoot me an email...

And- They wouldn't show next year...it's the sort of thing they would hold over our heads and then be pissy about it at every family function.. Whatever.

fortato
05-18-2009, 05:46 PM
UPDATE--
So we had the party- and my uncle showed up first and I asked if he had heard from his son and if they were planning to RSVP and he says "Steve said they didn't need to RSVP because they are family." I told him, and my cousin, that I NEED to know if people are coming because I would like an accurate count for the size of the cake and the amount of favors.

Yeah... they are not getting invited next year.

(At least his cake was fantastic!)
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/kristenkotrlik/012-2.jpg

SnuggleBuggles
05-18-2009, 07:12 PM
You know, they'll probably still show up...because you're family and they don't need an actual invitation.

Cute cake!!

Beth