PDA

View Full Version : Argh, lost my $100 Gap gift card!

citymama
05-14-2009, 09:08 PM
ARGH. I got a $100 Gap gift card for my b'day and have NO idea what I did with it. I was in the store today and *finally* found something I like that fits me and is on sale, and I could've got an extra 40% off on the sale today. Plus I found a couple of cute things for DD on sale with an extra 25% off. Dig in my wallet for the g.c. and it wasn't there! They're holding it for me for a day, but now I've looked everywhere at home and can't find it! Grrr. I've traveled extensively since I got the card, and it could well have fallen out of my wallet somewhere. I wish I had saved the number at least, so I could have ordered these items online!

So - if you have gift cards lying around that you aren't using immediately, please save all the numbers and codes! That's my PSA for the day.

wellyes
05-14-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm so sorry!

Looking through my old bags the other day I found a Victoria's Secret gift card that was a wedding present. We just celebrated our 8 year anniversary....... and post-baby I no longer fit into VS sizes. :tongue5:

So I guess the lesson is spend 'em if you got 'em!

bobeNC
05-14-2009, 11:45 PM
That's terrible! I gave a friend of mine a Target gift card one xmas and she lost it. I gave her the receipt and she called or went to the store with it and was able to get a replacement card. Maybe you can do the same??

vonfirmath
05-15-2009, 10:31 AM
That's why, when I get gift cards, I go spend them right away. It's just too easy to lose them! (and why I prefer giving cash to cards)

citymama
05-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Sigh. Sounds like someone found or stole it and used it. I found a receipt for my previous purchases with the card, totaling around $17. So I still had about $83 on the card. I called Gap c/s and with the card number (which I had on the receipt) I was able to track what happened with it. Someone spent $67 on it, about a month ago - at a time when the 3 of us were on vacation and nowhere near a Gap store. For security reasons, the c/s guy said he couldn't tell me which store it was spent at. Anyway, as a consolation prize, I'm getting the remaining $16 on the card reissued to me.

hellokitty1
05-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Sigh. Sounds like someone found or stole it and used it. I found a receipt for my previous purchases with the card, totaling around $17. So I still had about $83 on the card. I called Gap c/s and with the card number (which I had on the receipt) I was able to track what happened with it. Someone spent $67 on it, about a month ago - at a time when the 3 of us were on vacation and nowhere near a Gap store. For security reasons, the c/s guy said he couldn't tell me which store it was spent at. Anyway, as a consolation prize, I'm getting the remaining $16 on the card reissued to me.

that is a bummer. but glad you could get the $16 left. and what dummy "finds" a gift card and uses it but leaves $16 on it????