PDA

View Full Version : What bag do you wear while wearing your Ergo on your back?

mamaoftwins
05-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Random question, I know ... when you are Ergo'ing your DC on your back, what style of bag (or what particular bag) do you find most comfortable to also wear? I'm trying to figure out how to bring a bag and wear my boy at the same time - we went to the zoo a week ago or so, and I found it very uncomfortable to carry our regular diaper bag with the Ergo (it's a tote style, and has a messenger strap as well - neither were comfy and I felt like I was fighting with the bag the whole time).

Was wondering if anyone also wears a backpack ... maybe if I really let the straps out it could hang behind my Ergo?

Any experiences to share??? Thanks a million!! :)

ang79
05-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Well, I've not worn DD on my back and needed a bag at the same time yet, but I do like using my FV Micropod when I wear her on my front and it should work as well with a babe on your back. It has a long strap you can wear cross-body either under or over the carrier and its super light. I can fit the included change cloth, 1 sz. 5 dipe, 2 sz. 1 dipes, soft wipes case (mamas milk swipes case), burp cloth, receiving blanket, paci, my wallet and cell, and DD's sippy (there's a really cool mesh pocket that pops out on the side or you can hide it inside a zipper pocket when not in use). Its stuffed to the max w/ the receiving blanket but works. I've also used a JJB Large BeSet w/ long strap for dipes/wipes and my wallet.

I think some of the ladies in the Pink Room have used their MiniBe's with the long straps and worn it over the carrier and baby, though I don't think I'd like how far everything stuck off my back then!

If you read at thebabywearer.com there is a bag called the OnBag and also directions on how to make your own. You can tie the straps in a variety of ways and it doesn't have much structure to it, so its good for babywearing. Oh, the JJB BeLight is similar I think, as you can tie those straps. It doesn't have a closure at the top but you can add snaps or a button if you wanted to.

Also, Ergo has a small pouch and a backpack that attach to the carrier I think that you could probably stuff the essentials into.

Good luck!

HTH!
Angie

mamaoftwins
05-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks for all that info, Angie! I'll check out the bags you suggested - I have been thinking about the Ergo backpack and pouch from some time, but the backpack is a little on the not-so-cute side.:wink2:

I have never been over to TBW, so I'll head there now.

Thanks again! :)

ang79
05-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks for all that info, Angie! I'll check out the bags you suggested - I have been thinking about the Ergo backpack and pouch from some time, but the backpack is a little on the not-so-cute side.:wink2:

I have never been over to TBW, so I'll head there now.

Thanks again! :)

I know what you mean about the Ergo bags not being so cute and pretty! After being introduced to all these great bags on the babybags yahoo group, I know want it all, pretty and functional!

I have a large LL BeSet w/ long strap that I'm looking to sell if you're interested. Need to clear some things out to make way for new bags, LOL!

JacksMommy
05-19-2009, 06:46 PM
The ERGO backpacks are definitely on the functional side of things, but not so much worse looking that the regular ERGO! I never use mine as just a backpack, but it's great when I'm using the ERGO. I highly recommend it.