PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between 2008 and 2009 BJ double strollers?

junebaby07
05-15-2009, 01:13 PM
I know their have been some good deals on the BJ 2008 double strollers. Is it significantly different than the 2009? Can you still use a carseat adapter bar on the 2008?

Where have you seen the best deals? Is the Elite just a bit fancier or is it significantly different than the classic?

Thanks so much!

codex57
05-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Not much other than colors btw the 08 and 09s.

The Elite is fancier than the Classic, but in a significant way IMO. Doesn't feel so bare bones and looks nicer.

WatchingThemGrow
05-15-2009, 02:12 PM
There is a wheel mechanism inside the front plastic part that was improved for 09. My 08 was replaced because it was one of the faulty ones. The 08 has metal wheels (and that part inside the suspension) where the 09 is made of a polymer.Look at the wheels. You can see a difference in them. They advertise that the 09 is lighter because of the changes, which I can believe to be true, although I've never weighed either version.

Between the Elite and Classic - the bubble canopy gives more headroom, the Elite has an awesome 12 pocket parent console which gives me room to store 2 large adult drinks and 2 sippy cups, snack for everyone, PLUS my cell, wallet, keys, sunglasses, etc. The Elite has a legrest on each side for younger children which also gives better access to the underseat basket for toys, bibs, more snacks, etc. I think the Elite has some other seat things the classic does not - seatback pockets and the vented seat top (when reclined) with the weather cover, all of which we've found useful. Not exactly sure which seat stuff the classic has, but the elite has it all. The bubble canopies also have cool magnetic closures and a vented area on each side that I'm not positive the Classic has. And..the colors are different... HTH