PDA

View Full Version : The Chrysler dealership closings make me sad

ILoveLucy
05-15-2009, 04:40 PM
I was looking at the list of closings. One of them is one in my hometown. The owner of that dealership has done so much for the community, from sponsoring local events, etc, all the way to jumpstarting my elderly grandfather's car, not bought from him, on the coldest days of the year. My family has bought several cars there over the years. I've heard they were very surprised as they thought they were meeting all the criteria.

I don't know anything about the auto business and have no opinion or knowledge on what needs to be done, but I hate to think of the lost jobs, people losing businesses they've poured everything in for years, potential empty buildings, the loss to the communities etc. It's very sad.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
05-15-2009, 07:35 PM
It's definately a kick in the seat of the pants. But what can anyone do about it? The auto makers clearly overextended themselves. They had easily 3 times as many dealerships for chrysler/gm than honda or toyota. They simply had to do it but I do think they could have looked at more than just the numbers before making their decisions. They could have considered whether or not this was the only dealership in a town,jobs lost,etc. Just my 2cents though.

Tondi G
05-15-2009, 08:41 PM
The dealership we bought our last 2 Dodge Durango's from is done. I am so glad I got my car in there before hand, since our warranty was coming to an end! It is very sad though.