PDA

View Full Version : Pali Lola vs. Carrigan

sribaby
05-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Can anyone weigh in on these two Pali cribs?

Wondering if the Pali Lola (with drop down) is sturdy and quality of drawer...also store says they have a a few more of this line made in Italy but future cribs in this line won't be from Italy...wondering how this affects potential replacement parts if needed

Wondering if Carrigan without or with drawer. (And I need to decide if I can handle fixed side -- I'm 5'4").

Thanks

hokdog91
05-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Sribaby,

First off I want to be upfront and state that I work for Pali Design Inc. as the Director of Product Development. I read your recent post about your height concerns with our Lola and Carrigan cribs. We appreciate your interest in Pali furniture. Due to the recent trend of a stronger Euro currency, we have made the decision to no longer source cribs for the North American market at our own factory in Italy at this time. Unfortunately, the Lola crib will not be part of our product line going forward. Some of our retailers still have the Lola crib in stock. We do have a good supply of replacement parts in Montreal for most of our Italian cribs including the Lola.

The Carrigan crib has a top rail height of 39" from the floor. Most of our other cribs run 35-37" in height which include our convertible cribs. Our new April crib (non-dropside) will have a top rail height of 36" from the floor including the casters. You could decide not to install the casters and the height would be approximately 34" from the floor. The new April crib will not be shipping from Montreal until late summer.

I hope that this helps to answer your questions. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected].

Best regards,

Mark Woomer

lvhkitty
06-07-2009, 01:57 PM
I was really concerned about the height of the rail. I just got my Carrigan crib and it does not seem too high. I am 5'4.5" so I appreciate your concern! I love the design of the Carrigan furniture and have no regrets.

hokdog91
06-09-2009, 01:29 AM
lvhkitty,

Thanks for the feedback on your Carrigan Crib purchase. Did you purchase the 900 Carrigan Forever Crib or the 999 Carrigan Crib? We are intentionally designing our cribs to be more accessible, especially with the trend away from dropside cribs.

Best regards,

Mark (Pali - Product Development)