PDA

View Full Version : looking for a book on North or South Carolina things to do with kids

KrisM
05-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Why can't I find this on Amazon? I'm looking for a book with ideas of things to do in N or S Carolina for kids. A friend of DS1's is moving to SC and I thought this would be a nice gift, but can't find anything! They'll be near the NC border, so either state would work.

Help, please!!

DietCokeLover
05-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Could you maybe try the chamber or commerce for the area that they are moving to? Often times they have free pamphlets and magazines that you could collect for them. Also, you might try AAA to see what they have available.

KrisM
05-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Could you maybe try the chamber or commerce for the area that they are moving to? Often times they have free pamphlets and magazines that you could collect for them. Also, you might try AAA to see what they have available.

Yeah, those are great for a person more organized and on-the-ball than me :). I need it for Wednesday :). Thanks for the ideas though. I might see about AAA, but don't even know where to find one.

fivi2
05-16-2009, 03:37 PM
It looks like both Frommers and Fodors have books called the Carolinas and Georgia. They look to be a bit out of date, but chasing the links on Amazon might give better ideas.

A list of NC guides on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/17373/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_1_5_last

Again, these don't seem to be what you want exactly, but following the "customers who bought this" links might help you out. Otherwise, I would agree with calling a tourism office in the state and asking for title suggestions you can then look up on Amazon. The state tourism websites might also have links with suggestions.

Good luck!

eta:
http://www.amazon.com/Kids-Love-North-Carolina-Children-Year/dp/0972685456

Looks like there is also one on that page called Fun with the Family in NC. also a Newcomers guide to NC. (There may be similar for SC, I just happened to search NC).

KrisM
05-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Thank you. "family" vs "kids" helps in the search. I'll read some of the info and pick one that ships fast :).