PDA

View Full Version : DH I do love you BUT WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?

hillview
05-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Dear DH,
Those plastic steralite containers are NOT fun to put the kids in with the lid on. Are you an IDIOT?

Honestly, I don't even know what to say.

/hillary

DietCokeLover
05-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Oh my goodness!

hillview
05-16-2009, 08:14 PM
I should add that he was sober (because that is what I would ask someone). He is "smart" has a PhD. He was pulling DS around in it and the lid wasn't locked but HONESTLY BAD IDEA.
/hillary

jgenie
05-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Yikes!! I would sit down with your DS and explain why it's a bad idea. He might try it later with your other DS or a friend.

Toba
05-16-2009, 08:22 PM
OMG. I'd be hiding all the lids just so the kids wouldn't think it was fun to play how Daddy was playing over the weekend. Sometimes they just don't THINK!!! All they want are the GIGGLES!!

trentsmom
05-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Oh no! Doesn't he know "monkey see, monkey do?" I'm with a PP. I think I'd hide the lids for a while.

bubbaray
05-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Sounds like something my DH would do. Yup, I'd be hiding the lids. For years!

LMPC
05-16-2009, 08:41 PM
I bought one of those bins the other day and it had a sticker of a kid in the bin with a red line through it. I thought to myself, "who's the idiot that would do THAT!" Now I know! BTW, I *loved* how you put "smart" in quotation marks!! Bet you just wanted to slap some sense into him, huh? Ah, men....

o_mom
05-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Sounds like something my DH would do. Even with the big warning sticker on those things that show a picture of a baby in it with a big red line through it. Kind of like when he opened our second story casement windows and thought the screens were enough to keep the kids from falling out.... ummm, yeah, go look at that big warning sticker on there, honey, the one that says "screens do not prevent falls".

DrSally
05-16-2009, 09:24 PM
OMG, sometimes they just.don't.think.

gobadgers
05-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Oh, I feel your pain. How do smart men manage to put aside common sense and do such things? My DH, like a PP mentioned, will also do anything for a giggle or three.

sfmom
05-16-2009, 10:58 PM
It's the weirdest thing, but these smart guys seem to do the dumbest things when it comes to their children. I don't get it.

vejemom
05-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Yikes!!! I'm paranoid about those suckers. Home Depot had a great deal on them awhile back, and I bought a few to use as overflow bins for the recycling. I purposely did not take the lids for that exact reason. The clerk thought I was nuts because the lids are included in the price...

MontrealMum
05-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Sounds like something my DH would do too. He just doesn't think in the same way that I do - or maybe men in general don't think that way? I don't know. I do think that any emergency visits we make in the future as DS grows will be due to him imitating something he saw Daddy so :(

MCsMom
05-17-2009, 12:08 AM
ACK!
Sounds like the guy I read about yesterday who likes to "spin his baby daughter in the air" and wonders why she projectile vomited all over their dinner party...

infomama
05-17-2009, 12:10 AM
That's craziness.

hillview
05-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks all. I have the winter clothes in them and put them in the locked (latched) closet.

I did have the chat with DS (no AIR etc). I also had the CHAT with DH -- he was of course mortified and totally agreed but ONLY AFTER he'd done it.

thanks all -- for listening!
/hillary

frgsnlzrds
05-19-2009, 10:45 AM
Yikes! I took the lids away and hid them. My kids managed to close themselves into the boxes and when DS tried to get out, he got his head out and then got stuck because the sides wouldn't unsnap. The lid was pressing down on his neck! I'm glad your DH realized his mistake.

kransden
05-20-2009, 11:34 PM
:duh: It just makes you wonder.